Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,860   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jadphoto View Post
    My experience with all Polaroid, peel apart films is that when frozen the chemicals crystalize rendering them useless.

Refrigeration is fine but freezing is not recommended. I believe I got the info years ago from Ansel's Polaroid Photography book.

You might want to test a sheet of two of your stash.

JD
    maybe this is true for polaroid, but it isn't for fuji fp-100c. I just recently heard about deepfreezing this fuji film and I have done a test: there is no problem in freezing it. I put it into a box (tupperware type), cooled it down in the fridge for 2 days and put it into the deepfreezer for a week. then back to the fridge for another 2 days and back to room temperature for a day. perfect results, nothing changed. I'm a member of a french forum. if you can read french, it's here: http://www.polaroid-passion.com/foru...ic.php?t=17430 . there was another member of the forum who did it the brutal way: from room temperature to the deepfreezer and back to the room, same results. at the moment another member is deepfreezing fp-3000b for a month. we will have the results within the next 2 weeks.
    Last edited by xya; 05-03-2013 at 05:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting, thanks! I've assumed I couldn't freeze it, and I don't have enough space in my fridge for it. I do have a freezer it can go in. I've only got 10 boxes, but it would be nice to keep them as fresh as possible. I'll try it with a box.
    Some photos: http://www.ipernity.com/home/295785 ( mostly analog )

Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    maybe this is true for polaroid, but it isn't for fuji fp-100c. I just recently heard about deepfreezing this fuji film and I have done a test: there is no problem in freezing it. I put it into a box (tupperware type), cooled it down in the fridge for 2 days and put it into the deepfreezer for a week. then back to the fridge for another 2 days and back to room temperature for a day. perfect results, nothing changed. I'm a member of a french forum. if you can read french, it's here: http://www.polaroid-passion.com/foru...ic.php?t=17430 . there was another member of the forum who did it the brutal way: from room temperature to the deepfreezer and back to the room, same results. at the moment another member is deepfreezing fp-3000b for a month. we will have the results within the next 2 weeks.
    Great to hear, I have several boxes of Fuji 4x5 that are getting old.

Thanks for sharing,

JD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin