Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,027   Online: 892

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's actually easier to do with Mamiya rb stuff. Get a junked front plate from an old rb67 (they are plentiful) for cocking the lens, and the back rotating plates are easy to find too. How are you going to focus though? The film plane offset on an rb67 back is different than the offset on a graphic or Singer back. I have looked into it and though "Why bother?". I have used rb backs on a 2x3 Speed. That's how I suspected the offset was different. The negatives on film from the rb were just not quite in focus. Kind of like a Minolta 370 I had. I would KNOW I had that image in focus and take it into the dark room and cuss up a storm. The solution to that was called "FM2". Never had an issue after that. Gave the Minolta away to someone who couldn't tell the difference. The solutuion to the 2x3 Speed was just not shoot with a rb67 back.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's this article in the French forum : http://www.galerie-photo.com/constru...ambre-6x6.html
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    It's actually easier to do with Mamiya rb stuff. Get a junked front plate from an old rb67 (they are plentiful) for cocking the lens, and the back rotating plates are easy to find too. How are you going to focus though? The film plane offset on an rb67 back is different than the offset on a graphic or Singer back. I have looked into it and though "Why bother?". I have used rb backs on a 2x3 Speed. That's how I suspected the offset was different. The negatives on film from the rb were just not quite in focus. Kind of like a Minolta 370 I had. I would KNOW I had that image in focus and take it into the dark room and cuss up a storm. The solution to that was called "FM2". Never had an issue after that. Gave the Minolta away to someone who couldn't tell the difference. The solutuion to the 2x3 Speed was just not shoot with a rb67 back.

tim in san jose
    I suppose getting a second junk back and affixing a ground glass in the opening with the matte side flush with the film rails would work.

...or maybe some kind of a mirror at a 45 degree angle, with a mechanism to raise it...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would like updates on your build!!!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Why bother?? If it's just a fun project, I can understand that. But any decent 4x5 camera will do a far better job, and dedicated view lenses
    are apt to perform better too with a lot less weight and fuss. Plus you can choose from any number of roll film backs if you need to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any progress?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Why bother?? If it's just a fun project, I can understand that. But any decent 4x5 camera will do a far better job, and dedicated view lenses
    are apt to perform better too with a lot less weight and fuss. Plus you can choose from any number of roll film backs if you need to.
    Ya, but when you get in that mode, seems like nothing else will do. Been there, done that. Now, I just 'Keep It Simple'...
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin