Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,220   Online: 960

Shooter
    Large Format

ILEX PARAGON f4.5 12" Lens question

Will an ILEX PARAGON f4.5 12" Lens cover 8x10? If so, any movements? Further comments welcome. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should. Longer explanation: it is an f/4.5 tessar type. f/4.5 tessar types typically cover 110% of their focal lengths.

Movements? By the same reasoning, a little. If you have it, try it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have always shot mine on 5x7 so I cannot comment on coverage but it is a very under-rated lens IMHO. Sharp but not biting, good contrast but not stark, good bokeh. Hope you enjoy using it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have used mine on my 8x10, movement yes, but you won't be able to twist the bellows into a pretzel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the answers on this. I suppose my next question would be:how do you deal with a top shutter speed of 1/50 when film is becoming increasingly rare in anything but 400?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Turn the lights down. ND filters.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I may be going about this the wrong way, which has taken me the EBAY route trying to dig up the cheapest way to get a lens and shutter in front of an 8x10 camera. Problem is, there's not much out there for a cheapskate. My intent is to put together a junk 8x10 camera on a tripid and have a usable lens and shutter in front of it, for the purpose of using up some old printing paper as negative material. I refuse to pile money I don't have to spend on this whim. A whim to go out in the country from time to time and get away from these worries. But boo-hoo for me. Between the mortgage, health insurance.... nevermind. My photography desires stick in my mind in these toils. It might even be fund getting out tin the country daylight and make some chicken salad out a of chicken $#!+ 8X10 assembly. But I refuse to do pinhole. I'll live with paper negatives, but I refuse to deal with that AND pinhole.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin