Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,476   Online: 1243

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lens is a hot item. I think David Burnett is shooting with an Aero Ektar. I've head they're radioactive so you should give it to me instead
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Asking prices on Ebay vary from $25 to $1000 for the same item sometimes. Especially "BUY IT NOW" offers: these are almost always unrealistic prices.
    However, there is one auction for this lens (with issues) with no price limit, worth following to get a more realistic estimation. See:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Koda...item257dcaec50
    You can also check the SOLD items, see:
    http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from...H_Sold=1&rt=nc
    At quick glance $300 seems a nice price for a seller, but with patience a lot cheaper is possible?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    The lens is a hot item. I think David Burnett is shooting with an Aero Ektar. I've head they're radioactive so you should give it to me instead
    I recently learned of this as well. I had no idea until someone mentioned it in conversation.

Some of the info I've read said that they can be up to 3mR/hr, which as I understand it means that the lens would have to be in your pocket, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, for 6 months straight before you'd have the recommended annual "dose".

In any event, if there is in fact two of them, I'm hoping to trade/sell one for a Pacemaker SG body - since I sold my SG back in January.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I recently learned of this as well. I had no idea until someone mentioned it in conversation.

Some of the info I've read said that they can be up to 3mR/hr, which as I understand it means that the lens would have to be in your pocket, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, for 6 months straight before you'd have the recommended annual "dose".
    Don't hold that lens close to your jewels if you want kids
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's not as good as I thought... There is in fact only one lens, not two as I originally thought. But it was still $25...

So I guess it'll sit in the display cabinet until I can purchase another SG body to mount it to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Actually, click "sold" only using "completed" will include stuff that didn't sell.
    As long as you are not red green colorblind, what"s the issue with that?
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post

In any event, if there is in fact two of them, I'm hoping to trade/sell one for a Pacemaker SG body - since I sold my SG back in January.
    I want to see you get one of these monsters into your pocket. Those guys are large in size and heavy! I have one on my Pacemaker SG, I'm not able to hand hold it anymore, I HAVE to use a monopod or tripod.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $25 is a steal, regardless of condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    $25 is a steal, regardless of condition.
    It's been wrapped and stored for who knows how long. I'm expecting it to be in immaculate condition. She's shipping it today.

Her father in law passed about 18 months ago and they are just now cleaning out his estate. He had an Alpa lens that I know of, but in total he had about $8k worth of lenses and gear. She took them to a dealer and they gave her half of the value. They offered her $3k and she talked them up to $4k.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So it just arrived. WOW! It's HUGE!

The glass doesn't seem to be brownish as I have read some are. There are some internal specks of dust, but doesn't appear to have any fungus or haze. The blades move smoothly, and the lens shade is in tact, as well as the lens cap.
    Each part of the lens is engraved with the serial number.

She also threw in a 4x5 Polaroid back in its original box, which is pretty much useless unless Fuji starts making 4x5 miraculously again... And she also threw in a really nice cable release.

I can't wait to get this thing on a SG!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368906542.429638.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	68940

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368906554.057194.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	68941

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368906572.006121.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	68942

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368906586.348687.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	68943

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368906645.873470.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	68944

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin