Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,171   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sometimes it's a tip (as small as 1mm long) of broken cable release that stays screwed in. Use a magnifying glass and check carefully. If not, try to find bargain lens (whatever brand and focal length, with fungus, separation and scratches all-together) with same/similar shutter and replace the socket.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the OP's case if it was me I'd remove the stripped one from the shutter and re-tap it with a straight tap then use one of those Rowi.Kaiser type 90 degree adapters and glue it into place before screwing the part back on the shutter casing.

I use an M4 x 0.7 tap on the Thornton Pickard release arms and that seems the best overall fit, I can use a size up or down because of the taper.

My experience is that there's quite a variation in the threaded end of cable releases, I had some that would only fit a Prontor and no other camera/lens.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Rodenstock 210/5.6 lens most likely uses a Copal #1 shutter.

The Copal #1 replacement socket is $39.95 at B&H in NYC.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ocket_for.html
    Last edited by Ian C; 05-16-2013 at 10:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Amongst the common metrical sizes the nearest fit [for a tool] would be M3 (3 x 0.5). Best fit concerning pitch but still seems a bit small concerning diameter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I use an M4 x 0.7 tap on the Thornton Pickard release arms and that seems the best overall fit, I can use a size up or down because of the taper.

I just checked it.

Though the Standard M4 thread has a too steep pitch, due to the still small height of thread contact and the larger diameter of this contact this 4 x 0,7 size gave the best overall fit. At least for a provisional solution a DIY thread cutting attempt should be done.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    The Rodenstock 210/5.6 lens most likely uses a Copal #1 shutter.

The Copal #1 replacement socket is $39.95 at B&H in NYC.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ocket_for.html

Exactly what i needed! awesome dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i appreciate the blast of knowledge fellaz, i went on and found a copal no.1 shutter and swapped the socket!
    now i can use my Rodenstock apo 210mm like it was intended!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin