Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,649   Online: 1076

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    The fastest way I can think of to blow money is NOT to test in the first place. Kinda like saying you can't afford to send your kid to driving school, so you just buy him a new car every time it collides with a tree. If you can afford a silly smart phone you can afford a helluva lot of film.
    Well my life requires me to have a smartphone or I wouldn't have any money because I wouldn't get work. However I only spent $50 on my iPhone. I know what you mean, but doing research to have a decent starting point (or having an app that gives you a good starting point) is very money saving.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    That looks like a really great app Stone - for large format, I was recently shooting a 4-minute exposure and trying to figure out reciprocity times. I guess I need to top up my Apple account.
    It is, it recalculates the time for bellows extension, which is pretty damn nice I would assume, I haven't used it for much as I haven't had the opportunity but the shots I already took in the 10-20 minute range look to be similar to the times given.

I know he takes the info from the data sheets provided by the manufacturer. That's all I know.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Personally I do not feel I need any of those apps. What I have been looking for is a Decisive Moment app. Then I won't have to think or anything. My head hurts when I do that.
    That's called "program" mode on a digital camera hehe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SET UP A TEST PHOTOGRAPHING A GRAY CARD.and aim for the same density. this will make a nice graph and you can extrapolate to the desired times.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That's called "program" mode on a digital camera hehe

The P on the cameras is for Professional. I have never seen a program that works...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin