Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,064   Online: 825

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    No cable release socket? It must have been broken off or removed, this can be replaced.
    Some Compur-Rapid/Synchro-Compur shutters made for folders, like the Agfa Record, don't have a cable release socket.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    FWIW, making your own lensboards is not at all difficult if you have a bit of woodworking or metalworking experience. Plus, there are lots of used and after-market boards on eBay and other sites for not very much. FYI, if you are receiving a later model Zone VI camera (the Wisner or Ritter cameras with longer bellows) then it takes a 4x4 inch lensboard.

As for your 00 shutter... I would likely pick up another lens and keep your present 90mm for your Graphic. It will most probably be cheaper to find a used lens than to buy a shutter, have it overhauled and have your lens adapted to it.

I like the 90mm, 135mm, 200mm, 300mm kit for starters, if that helps in your lens choice. The spacing is fairly even, with each successive lens being about 150% longer than the preceding.

Best,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the help. The camera is sitting here and it's the original Zone VI Tachihara model that takes the Linhof style boards. They're so thin, not sure if I can do that myself. I found a couple for $20, so it seems fair.

I was offered a 90mm Super Angulon in a Copal 0 from a friend, plus watching a 150mm 5.6 Symmar-s, which would give me 90mm, 150mm, and 210mm all Schneider. Should be a good start methinks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130525_121930_605.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	520.7 KB 
ID:	69325
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find 90mm, 150mm & 210mm a good working combination, I also have a 65mm that has got me shots where I need something wider than the 90mm. The Rodenstock 150mm f5.6 Sironar-N is a n excellent match to Schneider lenses and you can find Calumet Caltar branded versions of the Symmar & Sironar-N in the US which are often cheaper and only differ in name. The Caltar S-II is a Symmar S and the II-N is the Sironar N

That's the right sort of price for Linhof style boards.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To piggyback on the OP's question, I've never really understood how standard the shutter mountings are. If I get a good lens in a bad shutter, can I be basically assured of being able to just unscrew it and stick it on a good example of the same shutter? What about the same size but different brands (Compur 1 vs. Copal 1, or whatever)? What about going from a barrel to a shutter?

Yes, these are remedial questions, but I'm a pretty remedial-level LF shooter!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    To piggyback on the OP's question, I've never really understood how standard the shutter mountings are. If I get a good lens in a bad shutter, can I be basically assured of being able to just unscrew it and stick it on a good example of the same shutter? What about the same size but different brands (Compur 1 vs. Copal 1, or whatever)? What about going from a barrel to a shutter?

Yes, these are remedial questions, but I'm a pretty remedial-level LF shooter!

-NT
    Only the newer rimset shutters are standardised, Copal, Compur, Prontor, Seiko, Epsilo, Trikom, AGI, Vario, possibly some others. Epsilon & Trikon are only size #0.

Thjere are some exceptions - shutters made for certain folding cameras, I have some Prontors that are #0 fit, same 0 threads for the front elements but smaller possibly #00 I've not checked rear elemnts - these don't have ashutter releason the side it's on the rear to connect to a lever.

I have all the shutters liosted, aperture scales can't be transferred from one make to another though.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah, I finally figured out the standards for the Copal series and since I know I already like them, might as stay in that field.
    K.S. Klain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin