Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,867   Online: 1062
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    US
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    2,060
    You know something EVH?--you're right. It's a house plant. What do you think of the second lens I posted? Thanks.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/130918414351...84.m1423.l2649

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    You know something EVH?--you're right. It's a house plant. What do you think of the second lens I posted? Thanks.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/130918414351...84.m1423.l2649
    I can't read what it says on the lens, but I'll bet it's a Tessar. F:6.3 Tessars can be very good.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    US
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    2,060
    I can't read it either and the guy won't answer my question. All he would say is that it came off an 8x10. That doesn't mean anything. Al ot of wrong lenses were mounted on view camera by people who didn't know better.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I can't read it either and the guy won't answer my question. All he would say is that it came off an 8x10. That doesn't mean anything. Al ot of wrong lenses were mounted on view camera by people who didn't know better.
    He probably has no clue what it is. Of course I didn't have much of an idea either!

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I can't read it either and the guy won't answer my question. All he would say is that it came off an 8x10. That doesn't mean anything. Al ot of wrong lenses were mounted on view camera by people who didn't know better.
    Ilex says it is for 8x12. Reading between their lines, it is a tessar type.

    Go root around on the cameraeccentric site and educate yourself a little. If you knew more you wouldn't have to be so suspicious.

  6. #16
    jimgalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Tonopah Nevada
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,401
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    155
    The second one is much newer, and a good facsimile of the Kodak Commercial Ektar. The f16 one is an oddball in a balky shutter. Copy of Protar IV perhaps??
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

    http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    US
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Ilex says it is for 8x12. Reading between their lines, it is a tessar type.

    Go root around on the cameraeccentric site and educate yourself a little. If you knew more you wouldn't have to be so suspicious.
    Thanks. I did my due diligence. That's why I'm here asking. This site has trustworthy people for the large part. I see certain names next to posts, many are familiar now, and I trust their input.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    This site has trustworthy people for the large part.
    The frivolous/off-topic responses in this and many other discussions on APUG suggest otherwise.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    The frivolous/off-topic responses in this and many other discussions on APUG suggest otherwise.
    What do you mean off-topic and frivolous?

    Hey, check this out! http://www.seattlepi.com/technology/...In-4565807.php

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    What do you mean off-topic and frivolous?

    Hey, check this out! http://www.seattlepi.com/technology/...In-4565807.php
    See, for example, post #8 in this thread. Its a little short on giant slugs, but we can't have everything, can we?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin