Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,786   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ok, the HM does not have a cover.

The lower mirror should move turning down/inward as the arm moves inward; out/up as the arm moves out.
    The #4 HM is for a 127mm lens. The letter is production code.
    I posted some info on a HM 4C a while back:
    http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/vie...ght=hugo+meyer
    while everything was fresh and should be of help.
    Disregard the previous arm adjustment statement.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The camera came "to me" with a 135mm lens but I do have a 127mm lens. Thanks for the information.
    Last edited by Darkroom317; 06-15-2013 at 05:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Due to production tolerances, which were wider in the past, a lens is rarely its marked focal length. Some lens are designed with shorter than their marked focal length back focus so that they will work on more cameras.
    A 127mm may be optically 123mm to 130mm while a 135mm may be 132mm to 138mm. There may be enough adjustment range of the HM RF that a marked shorter focal length RF will adjust in on a lens that is marked with a longer focal length but optically measures close to the upper limit of the shorter focal length.

I have a 135 Xenar that infinity focuses a good 5 or 6 millimeters closer than my 135 Optar which has a factory cam for 136.4mm and is spot on wide open. I also have a 127mm Ektar so I plan to see if the HM RF on the Anny. Speed will adjust to the Xenar one of these days.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I was able to adjust the HMRF on the Anny to the 135 Xenar. Its a hair soft ( 1/3 stop) at 4 feet and sharp from 6 feet to infinity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin