Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,505   Online: 676

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Sinar mounted on a Tiltall Tripod

Has anyone mounted a 4X5 monorail on a Tiltall Tripod? The tripod seems like it could handle it in studio conditions, which is how I would use it. I do not feel like hiking around with that much gear, but am looking to do small product and food shots. Reallly don't want to buy another tripod if I don't need to for this money losing idea. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes I have mounted a toyo and a Sinar. It's probably not as steady as one of the really big tripods but it did the trick.

I've used it outdoors so you should be fine in a studio.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Poppers, Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tiltall was sold as original equipment for Calumet cameras.
    Last edited by Rick A; 06-01-2013 at 09:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Rick. Good to see how proud you are of your son. Don

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Tiltall is still my first choice from my several tripods, larger and smaller. I use it for a variety of 4x5 cameras, indoors and outdoors.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Which Sinar, F or P series?

I use a Tiltall with my Crown Graphic. I wouldn't use it with my Sinar P though. You might be ok with the F series. Try it and see.

For portrait shots I like a big heavy tripod. If I bump the tripod it doesn't move.

If the Tiltall doesn't work well and you want an inexpensive studio tripod then look at a Majestic.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've got an 8x10 Horseman sitting up on mine. It's a beast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first LF camera was a Calumet CC-400 monorail, which came with a Tiltall. After a few months of shooting in the field, the camera didn't seem too secure to me, so I got a more substantial tripod. The Tiltall should be OK in the studio, though

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I don't own a LF camera (yet) but I do have a Star-D copy of a tiltall and it is pretty strong. Reasonably steady as well, good enough for studio use.

Here is what I walked in on one night, had the tripod set up for some measurments and my son thought it was a jungle gym just for him...a testament to the strength of these!

-Xander

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin