Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,491   Online: 943

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kodak Master View 8x10 problem

The locking mechanism to keep the rail in place on my Master View (8x10) is not working. The knob at the front right pushes a very thin rod up against the rail to keep it in place, and I am guessing that there was some kind of pad there which pressed up against the rail to keep it from moving. If there was, it is no longer there. Does anyone know what would fit on the end of that rod, or does anyone have a repair manual? There was a thread a few years ago in which the link to a manual was posted, but the link no longer works.

Which rail will not lock—the outer rail or the inner rail when extended.

I am not sure from your description, but I believe I may know what your problem is. Best to send me an email and I will send you my phone number and I can talk you through this.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Michael. I will do just that. It is very hard to describe this problem in text.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is finally fixed. Michael was more than generous to send me the part in question so I could get one made. The new part is now in my camera and the old one is on its way back to Michael. Ya gotta love this forum.

Thanks a lot Michael. You are a mensch!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin