Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,028   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you. I see the standard process to open the compur shutter. But on the Hugo mayer lens shutter, it attached a adapt ring for quick release the lens elements( about 90 degree to change). The adapt ring attached to the front of the shutter so firmly that I can not remove it. The ring block the three tabs to remove from the slots after I turned the front panel. I can not maintain the shutter without the front panel removed. Any suggestion to me?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    post a picture or two, I've never seen one.

or try

http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr...ir-manual.html
    Last edited by shutterfinger; 06-20-2013 at 06:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just tried to open the shutter from the backside. But when I did that to remove the blade shutter, I have no way to continue. The pic is as attached. the first three is the front adapt ring, which cause I have no idea to open it from the front. The last is where I can not continue. I have removed the 3 pieces of shutter blade. But I can not continue. Please advise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adapt ring.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	70593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	70594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	70595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shutter blade from back.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	70596

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That appears to be the lens barrel or a spacer barrel. It should be screwed into the shutter. They can become stuck or corroded in place.
    1. Grip the barrel with a strap wrench and try to loosen it. Be careful not to bend or deform the barrel. You may need to remove the shutter from the lens board and grip it with a second strap wrench.
    2. Heat your oven to its lowest setting usually 150°F/65°C for gas or 175°F/79°C for electric. When the oven reaches temperature turn it off and place the shutter in the center of the oven on a rack and let it sit there for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the shutter from the oven and try to unscrew the barrel from the shutter. Should be standard threads.
    3. Seal the shutter in a plastic bag and freeze it. Once frozen thaw and try to unscrew the barrel.
    4. Last resort apply penetrating oil around the outside of the barrel at the shutter and allow to soak in for 12 to 24 hours.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    unfortunately, I have no oven to heat it. I have tried to freeze it, no work.I will boil it in a sealed Locker-Locker box in hot water. As a result, the method 1&3 doesn't work....So sad ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you try sautéing it in butter?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really now, just send it to KEH.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin