Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,751   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pretty sure John Kroehrer said it has a 22" rail. I should find out when it arrives in the next few days. I probably won't be doing much super close work with it anyway. Long lens land/cityscapes are what I'm interested in. Already looking for a long lens to put on it. Probably going to take my 40D to Columbus Camera Group or Midwest Photo Exchange and trade it for the longest lens I can afford.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Due to the construction of the camera, it can have a 22" long rail, but only 16" of bellows extension from lens board to ground glass surface.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What Jon is getting at is that the shape of the sliders on the rail limit extension to less than 22". See the photo.

http://www.apug.org/forums/attachmen...000752.jpg.att

The other limit is the bellows.

I have essentially the same camera, just has the Calumet name on it instead.

My camera has a 20" rail, a long bellows that can get to 20", and the adjusters on the rail can also be removed, turned 180 and reinstalled to allow the full 20" reach. Turning the sliders makes the camera tough to use with shorter lenses, may not be able to focus.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received the camera and I must say it is V E R Y nice! John included some extra items that were not discussed and it got here SUPER fast! As much as I was disappointed with the Graphic View that I bought from the evil place, I am doubly happy with this purchase from John Koehrer! The rail is actually 26" long and it appears that there's a solid 22" from the back of the lens board to the film plane. Seems like a great camera for long lens work. Now, if I could only figure out how to open the preview on the 12cm f6.8 G. Leitmeyr Weitwinkel Anastigmat lens...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What shutter is it in? name will be on the shutter itself, not the lens barrels.
    Not all shutters have a press to focus feature.
    Open on T, focus, close shutter and set speed.
    B 0nly, lock shutter open with a locking shutter release cable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfinger View Post
    What shutter is it in? name will be on the shutter itself, not the lens barrels.
    Not all shutters have a press to focus feature.
    Open on T, focus, close shutter and set speed.
    B 0nly, lock shutter open with a locking shutter release cable.
    Shutter is a Seikosha-S that goes to 1/500th (Copal 0, I think) and has B, but no T. I locked it open on B like you said. Thanks for the info.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No its a Seiko Seikosha S. Search engine Seiko shutter or Seikosha shutter. It may have a preview lever but the shutter will have to be set before it will move or work. Seiko shutters are used on Mamiya cameras and a few large format lens. been a while since I owned one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin