Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,654   Online: 841

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Anyone installed the Graflok back for RB Graflex kit by Bert Saunders?

Hi everyone. Just joined out of desperation as I have a small problem...

About 5 years ago I purchased a few custom Series D lensboards and a Graflok conversion kit from Bert Saunders, a name familiar to all of us who use RB Graflexes. Well, I made immediate use of the lenboards, but somehow never got around to completing the back conversion. Yesterday I stumbled across the conversion plate and a spare Graflok back and said 'what the heck...'

Problem is that I can't find the fasteners he sent me and seeing how my emails came back with an invalid address and his phone seems to be disconnected, I'm afraid he may no longer be is business.

So I am not sure how to finish this project. This is the schematic he sent me:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STEP 8.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	70856

I don't know how long the set of 5x 2-56 screws and blind nuts are supposed to be. I can see the other set of 14 are 1/8" - So I will ask anyone who has installed one of his kits, if they can give me the specifications of the 2-56 screws and nuts, I would really appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "I don't know how long the set of 5x 2-56 screws and blind nuts are supposed to be."
    Sit your Graflok back against the adapter plate and measure from the base of the screw hole (where the bottom of the screw head mates with the screw hole) to the bottom of the blind nut when installed on the adapter plate. It will probably be 3/8 to 1/2 inch.

----
    If Bert Saunders phone and email are no longer active then he is in an assisted living facility or no longer with us.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin