Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,127   Online: 851

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Naked speed graphic.

I saw someone had stripped all the leather off and refinished the mahogany under. It looks AMAZING! Anyone else seen this? I think itakes it look a little less "press" and a little more asteticaly pleasing. Its purely a vusual thing, but also an excuse to overhaul your speed. I'd post a pic, but im on my phone. . .
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

This is mine It's a pre-anniversary wide angle Speed Graphic special which was modified during assembly by an unknown workshop.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have done one as well, and there is a nice looking one on Jon Grepstad's website: http://home.online.no/~gjon/camerabuilders.htm

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never did like the look. I was thinking about it when I got mine naked and seen the work involved to put new clothing on. But I pushed forward and never gave up. Heh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8311708657_3c9375d29a.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	72080

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is an old thread...but it's an interesting topic. I've had one for awhile but don't use it much...and will start stripping it down, soon, to its basic elements. I like the idea of painting it some unique color...but what I'd really like to do is turn it into a wide angle camera...shortening it's bed...maybe adding a bag bellows...and lowering it's weight...hmmm...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    This is an old thread...but it's an interesting topic. I've had one for awhile but don't use it much...and will start stripping it down, soon, to its basic elements. I like the idea of painting it some unique color...but what I'd really like to do is turn it into a wide angle camera...shortening it's bed...maybe adding a bag bellows...and lowering it's weight...hmmm...
    Ever heard of drillium?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drilling-do1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suppose I could cut out the bellows and eliminate the lens to lower the weight...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    Needs the accompanying book - How To Use Apostrophes !!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    ...but what I'd really like to do is turn it into a wide angle camera...shortening it's bed...maybe adding a bag bellows...and lowering it's weight...hmmm...
    Hmm. How wide angle?

I ask because what you propose to do is quite a lot of work for no gain. This because with the original issue bellows fully compressed the front standard will be at the back of the inner bed rails so replacing the bellows with a shorter one or truncating the rails won't reduce the minimum extension.

I take it y'r Speed is a 4x5. The 4x5 Anny's minimum extension is 65.1 mm, the 4x5 Pacemaker Speed's is 66.7 mm. If you want to use a w/a lens with shorter flange-to-film distance and still use a 4x5 Graphic, a 4x5 Crown's minimum extension is 52.4 mm. It will let you use some really expensive w/a lenses such as a 47/5.6 SA-XL. The Crown's minimum extension is 0.3 mm too long for a 38/5.6 SA-XL to make infinity, but that lens doesn't cover 4x5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin