Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,930   Posts: 1,522,186   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Stone old buddy--never saw a guy so worried about "mold spores". It's not anthrax. Just clean it out and go on. I had to pressure wash out a refrigerator today that had sat in the summer sun for 2 weeks with leftovers in it. Talk about mold, and MAGGOTS, but I blasted it all out, sprayed some bleach in a spray bottle all over the inside, and am going to leave it sit in the hot sun for about a week with the doors open, and it will be good as new. Mold, schmold.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bleach is pretty strong and can also leave behind a residue. I use rubbing alcohol. It works great.

Tom1956 is right. You are worrying too much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    99% Isopropyl alcohol

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    99% isopropanol or drug-store hydrogen peroxide. Test on a corner area first. Doesn't look like anything major to me, nor does it seem like a mold invasion.

Stone, mold spores are already all around you in daily life. There's no avoiding it - only controlling the conditions to prevent growth.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had similar mold like specs in one of my toyo gg+fresnel sandwich combos. Took them apart, cleaned carefully with mild dish soap and problem gone. Until there will be again enough moisture and proper environment for growth....

The moisture comes from rainy days and when it's cold enough that breathing under the dark cloth fogs everything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Upgrade? it's a Toyo45A!!! cheap... I think not... lol
    Sure. A Linhof would be an upgrade. So would a Gandolfi, a Deardorff, a Sinar, a few others...

Wash the mold off and don't worry about it. Sheesh. Mold spores are everywhere, including all over your body, throughout your respiratory tract, and a bunch of other places I won't mention.
    Go take some pictures of moldy stuff from the back of the refrigerator.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Sure. A Linhof would be an upgrade. So would a Gandolfi, a Deardorff, a Sinar, a few others...

Wash the mold off and don't worry about it. Sheesh. Mold spores are everywhere, including all over your body, throughout your respiratory tract, and a bunch of other places I won't mention.
    Go take some pictures of moldy stuff from the back of the refrigerator.
    Well it has a linhof adapter plate, so there's that...

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well it has a linhof adapter plate, so there's that...

"Linhof". My Deardorff has a Linhof adapter too. That way when using the 4x5 back I can use the lenses from my Linhof outfit.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    "Linhof". My Deardorff has a Linhof adapter too. That way when using the 4x5 back I can use the lenses from my Linhof outfit.
    The LINHOF lens board adapter probably won't help me much, I doubt I'll ever be buying Linhof specific lenboards unless someone happens to be giving them away (with a lens).

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin