Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,455   Posts: 1,570,569   Online: 824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's 36 at adorama. b and h was always 39.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see 39 at Adorama. The reason I think it was 36 at B&H is because I had 5 in my cart from a few days back, and the price was around 184$ if I remember correctly. However, since I can't prove this I could be entirely mistaken.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, asshat B&H and Adorama both jacked the price from 36.95 a few days ago to 39.99 now. Thanks, profiteering scumbags! It's especially egregious on something they probably bought at closeout wholesale prices from Fuji to begin with.

There's also people (polastore) already scalping this stuff on ebay @ $50/box for those who don't know it's back again at (inflated) retail pricing for a short time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep. I noticed all the same trends myself. Even considered buying 200 boxes to eventually sell at a higher price and then my integrity kicked in to remind me that maybe other people want a good deal and to be able to use the film too.

The part that angers me is the obvious profiteering some of the people do - completely based off of consumer ignorance and false hype.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Making a profit is the primary rule of capitalism isn't it?
    Nothing to see here, just move along.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nonsense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let's get this back on track! Here's a test image from one of the 10 the packs of FP100C45 I got at the lower price.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test 3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	464.0 KB 
ID:	72382

(Photo of the print, using my D800 - my scanner is in transit from China. I had to tweak the D800 photo's colors a little, it wanted to mess with the gorgeously saturated print. This is pretty close to how the print looks in my hand.)

Here is the setup, using a Chamonix 045N2, a PA-45, and a Nikkor 300mm f/9 lens at about f/22 (I wanted enough DoF for the flower to be in focus.) (This is actually the setup for a tighter shot in landscape framing, but you get the point...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	579.0 KB 
ID:	72383

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin