Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,014   Online: 892

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mounting/Retaining ring for Graphex 135mm Optar? Wollensak

Hi Folks,

Sorry to start a thread just for this but all the information I can find is to do with slip on filters.

I've lost the original retaining ring from when I borrowed a lens and I'm struggling to work out what size I need. I saw something about how they didn't stick to standard sizes so I'm not sure.

I'm hesitant about buying the wrong one because of how long they take to arrive, I want to get shooting!

Cheers

J

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    go to the skgrimes.com website and look up flanges. I believe Graphex is another name for Rapax. Measure your shutter threads to confirm.

http://www.skgrimes.com/products/mou...-stock-flanges

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    In the meantime, if you are truing to mount a shutter on a lenboard, you might run a bead around the threads from a hot-glue gun to hold it in. It can later be cleaned off pretty easy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is a photo of the ring and spring for that lens, from a year 1955 Speed.
    The minor diameter of the rear of the lens (before the thread starts), is 1.290 inch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Optar1.jpg   Optar2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks folks.

The stupid thing is, I didn't even use the lens that I borrowed. I might have to follow Tom's advice for the mean time and hope that it turns up. Spending 35 dollars + air mail on a lens worth 50 dollars is painful. If I'm reading that Grimes table right, at least.

Cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The 135mm f4.7 Graphic Optar is mounted in a #2 Graphex shutter. The SK Grimes web site lists a retaining ring for the #1 and #3 Rapax shutter but not the #2. Graphex is Rapax renamed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin