Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,301   Online: 941

Thread: CHAMONIX 045 N1

Shooter
    4x5 Format

CHAMONIX 045 N1

HI Guys, I got a one simple question on this camera.
    On the base of camera are five holes in wich i can put the connector of front strandart, but without the focal length indication.
    So now i use an 135mm lens, but i'm not sure in wich of five hole i have to put...(lol) the front standart connector. I think in the third after the measurement with a meter the distance by the rear standart and the lens shutter in this position, but i hope to give more information on it.
    Thank you very much!
    Gianluca

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It will depend both on focal length, and the distance to your subject. If you are doing landscape, focusing at infinity, then when everything is in focus your lens will be about 5 1/2 " from your ground glass, so pick the hole which would allow you to turn the focus knob and adjust either side of this. If focusing on something closer, the lens will be further away, and you will want to use one of the holes that is further from the ground glass.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Mark,
    so i read also in the AA's the camera book, the rule of exposure factor adjustment for bellows extra extension: F= BELLOWS EXTENSION / LENS FOCAL LENGTH, for adjusting the exposure.
    Thanks a lot.
    Gianluca

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Barito, I believe those numbers are squared, ie Extension 2/Focal length 2.
    I learned that one the hard way!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Rorye, you are right! are squared!
    Thank you!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin