Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,412   Online: 685

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Oh happy day... a speed graphic for $85, but....

Dusty but otherwise nice condition Speed. Pacemaker. Wollensak Optar lens in a shutter that "sounds right". Having trouble with the switch that selects for front and back shutters, don't want to force it. Is there anyone on this group with experience who would be willi g to tell me how to free this up

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out www.graflex.org forum and technical pages.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    Dusty but otherwise nice condition Speed. Pacemaker. Wollensak Optar lens in a shutter that "sounds right". Having trouble with the switch that selects for front and back shutters, don't want to force it. Is there anyone on this group with experience who would be willi g to tell me how to free this up

David
    Answered several times on Graflex.org help board.
    To switch between front and rear settings press inward on the switch then slide it to the desired position.
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_5.html pages 12 &13 (side rf) OR http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_4.html page 10 (top rf).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well this speedy needed debugging: a brown recluse. And a little gentle tweaking of the blinds and now we can let 'er roll. Now I need to know where I can find blank lens boards... I know: Graphlex.org

David

The simplicity and solid engineering in this camera is wonderful.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Oh and something else I noticed: since the rapidly moving blinds would act like a Van-der-Graaf generator, there is a grounding strip on the inside of the metal Graphic back. Nifty.

David

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6333 for 4x5 lens board measurements.
    http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6351 for 2x3 lens board measurements

Lens board for the Pacemaker are stamped aluminum.
    Go to your local hobby and crafts store and get a piece of 1/4 inch thick baltic birch plywood.
    Cut the outside dimensions and round the corners so that the board will just sit into the board opening.
    Remove the focus panel and insert the blank into the front standard. Mark the back side of the board for the bellows opening.
    Mark the board center, both sides.
    Cut the outside of the bellows opening off to the depth necessary to allow the board to just sit into the front standard with the lens board locks just clearing the front surface of the lens board.
    Drill the mount hole for the shuttered or barrel lens you plan to mount.
    Paint the back of the board flat black.
    Finish the front side as you wish.
    Substitute 1/4 inch thick black acrylic for the plywood, sand the back side so that it is no longer shinny before mounting the lens.
    Having a portion of the board, usually 5/32 inch, fit inside the bellows opening of the front standard provides a sufficient light trap so that the thin outer edge lip is not necessary.
    OR
    watch ebay, check KEH, or Pacific Rim Camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin