Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,267   Posts: 1,534,347   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tom- just for some perspective on marks in the glass, if you dig through the archives here, a few years ago Jim Galli started a thread about a Cooke portrait lens he bought. It was a rare lens, worth multiple thousands of dollars in good condition. This example looked like someone had hit the front element with a sledgehammer. Literally, a forking crack the whole way across the front element. He shot it for giggles, and other than some contrast loss, it produced good images. So a little nick in the rear element won't do jack to an image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    This Ilex is going back. The EBAY seller maintains he has a no-return policy, so I bullied him.
    hi tom

no need to bully sellers .. if a seller says no returns, just contact paypal because THEY maintain there is a 45day return policy.
    just call them whatever ... they will mediate a return. and they will also allow you to get shipping both ways returned to you.

good luck with your lens!
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    The thing is, nobody can tell me that lens nicks, especially dead center like that; don't mean anything.
    Take a look at my post to this thread around four from the bottom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh, well--it's done now. Just as well. Soon as I see a refund, then the urologist can get it. For me, everything is in that context. This Bausch and Lomb on the old Betax shutter isn't so bad. More than what I had 2 weeks ago. You guys are AOK. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin