Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 718

Shooter
    Large Format

Speed Graphic rangefinder adjustment.

So the last time I adjusted the rangefinder on my Speed Graphic I remember it being 14 degrees out in the mountains of northern New York. Since it was a beautiful 76 degrees out today and I recently did a massive lens swap on my cameras i decided to do it again.

I can't remember it being this hard! focus at infinity, adjust for that, focus at a sign at 25', adjust, check again at infinity, check at 15', 8' and 4' check infinity again. I was outside for 30 minutes trying to get a new 127mm Ektar dialed in. I did succeed, but it was a PITA. There has got to be a better way.

I have 2 more Speeds to adjust the RF on, one for a 135mm and one for a Aero Ektar. Before I go thorough all that again, is there a better, more accurate or faster way?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no better faster way. You skipped over iterating over the near distances.

So much for the people who say its practical to recalibrate Kalart RFs in the field.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin