Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,581   Online: 1001

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Another hint: Unloading holders is easiest upside down! Hold the holder, pull the BOTTOM darkslide partway out. Then it's easy to get a fingernail beween film and holder, and the film slips right out. I wasted lots of time in a pitch black darkroom in the middle of the night before I discovered this.
    Damn!
    Does this mean I have to move to OZ or NZ? 8-)

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    . . . or do you think I could get away with using a normal pack, and packing things seperatly inside it? The latter sounds tempting now, but eventually when I get a selection of lenses, unless I make a custom lining with foam, it could get quite tricky.
    FWIW, when I first got into LF back in the early '70s, all I had was an Orbit monorail and the large, fiberboard case that it fit in - upside-down, hanging from the rail. For a while, I used a pack frame with a large bag that I could slide the whole case into. Heavy, and not very convenient, but it did the job for a while.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I now use a Photo Trekker AW II, but before that I used a normal backpack with the lenses and most of the other bits in a lidded plastic box. The camera was wrapped in the dark-cloth and packed on top of the box. Film holders were in smaller boxes. Sleeping pad foam makes great dividers...

A picture of my loaded Trekker is here , about 3/4 of the way down, but the whole thread is of interest.

Bob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin