Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,794   Online: 699

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anyone here shoot Littman 45?

I know there are many polaroid conversion cameras out there and I've used a few myself, including my own Littman 45 Single. Pictured next to my Littman (the blue camera) is a conversion with the amazing Xenotar 135mm F/3.5 lens.
    Love to hear some stories and photos.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPP07D907030B1127.jpg   DPP07D907030B0E57.jpg   DSC_0398 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would love a converted Polaroid for my first LF camera, but getting into LF photography is really expensive compared to small and medium format. The most I alone have spent on a system was my Bronica system. If you have any photos taken with those, let's see em'!
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll have to ask my lawyer
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Most of my 4x5 shots (see my gallery here) were taken with one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Shhh... if you say his name three times he'll show up and post 500-line paranoid rants about perfectible parallelism and patent violations using multiple aliases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Littman. Littman. Where are you?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hahaha.... And the wheels come off the patent bus.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I don't have a Littman and have never seen one, but I do have a conversion (combination of a 900/800/110a) with a Sinar back and a Schneider lens that I built myself. It is difficult to beat the negative size, that is for sure. I have built three, the last one for a friend (I swore I wouldn't do another after that due to the time it takes), but if I ever get my hands on the Xenotar like you have, I will make one with that. A lot of people complain about the rangefinder going out of alignment, but I have never had a problem with mine. It has been going strong since about 2007. I really like it for shooting Polaroids and people, though I don't do much of either. It is very easy to handhold I have found. I just rest it on my shoulder.

Here is the camera-

Here is an image from it handheld-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Riehl View Post
    I would love a converted Polaroid for my first LF camera, but getting into LF photography is really expensive compared to small and medium format. The most I alone have spent on a system was my Bronica system. If you have any photos taken with those, let's see em'!
    Nathan, Polaroid conversions are expensive but you can pick up a 4x5 Speed or Crown Graphic pretty reasonable. I paid $400,00 for my clean late model Crown Graphic with 135mm Schneider Zenar lens and some Toyo film holders. You can find them for less money depending upon age and condition.

Not hand holdable, but today it is easy to put together a 4x5 monorail system as cheap or cheaper than a medium format outfit. I have seen older monorails sell for less than $100.00 on Ebay. You can add a real nice lens for $150.00 to $200.00.

I too once thought large format was expensive and unobtainable.

Alan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin