Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,370   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Medium Format

quick question regarding tachihara lensboard

Hello,

I have just ordered a Tachihara camera from KEH. I was under the assumption that all Technika style boards would fit this camera, but the sales rep at KEH told me otherwise, and said they didn't have any lensboards for the Tachihara in stock. Can someone please clarify this for me. Will this lensboard work?

LINHOF TECH IV/V/M 4X5 35 HOLE BLACK (MISCELLANEOUS)
    http://www.keh.com/camera/Large-Form...990235570?r=FE

Or do I need to look for something more specific?

Thank you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Technika cameras are precision made and you are best off buying original Technika made lens boards for these cameras. A lot of the aftermarket lens boards won't work with a Technika camera.

Tachiharas and Shen Hao's have more slop built in them and will take the aftermarket Technika style lens boards. I own a Tachihara and have purchased aftermarket new lens boards from Badger Graphics and used lens boards off Ebay and have never had a problem with fit.

To answer your question, I don't know why it wouldn't work on a Tachihara and if it doesn't fit a Tachihara then what does it fit?

Shooter
    Large Format
    By the way, welcome to APUG and 4x5 photography (I see you are a medium format shooter). I'm also a member of Large Format Photography Forum as are quite a few APUG members. If you check out the Home Page on the LFP forum there is a wealth of free information if you are interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply. I think the sales rep must have been misinformed, but I wanted to double check before ordering it.

I actually shoot a variety of formats, from sub 35 to a little large format with a borrowed camera, but the forums made me choose just one. I've been reading through a lot of resources, including LFP.info, lately and have been wanting a 4x5 for a while now. Finally came to the conclusion that I wanted a Tachihara after a lot of research, but wasn't quite ready to buy one until I saw KEH dropped their price, so I went for it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I own a Shen Hao and used to own a Tachihara. Almost all of this style of lensboard will fit your camera. Earlier Technikas used a different lensboard and there are also different lens board sizes for the 2X3 and 5X7 but the 4X5 should work. The only Technika lensboard I own barely fits into my Shen Hao, it is slightly too big to fit without a little convincing. I also have Wista and no name brand lensboards

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Also I believe the Tech board hole is offset lower, which can be used on a Tachi, but a centered hole is preferable.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to inform you negatively but the very early Tachihara and Nagaoka Cameras had non-standard lensboards of about 75-80mm square and about 5mm thick. The good thing is these are very easy to fashion out of plywood I have even made them out of Plasticard.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin