Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,053   Online: 1263

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Part for 4x5 speed graphic

Ive lost the screw and lever mechanism that allows the switch from front to back shutter on my 4x5. I'd really appreciate anyone's help in how to go about finding the part.

Thank You

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know if they have much left, but when Graflex closed, Midwest Photo Exchange in Columbus, Ohio bought their entire stock of parts. You would want to talk to Jim Andracki. I hope he still works there. I haven't seen him on my last few visits, but he would be the best person to contact there if he is still there.

www.mpex.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WetMogwai View Post
    I don't know if they have much left, but when Graflex closed, Midwest Photo Exchange in Columbus, Ohio bought their entire stock of parts. You would want to talk to Jim Andracki. I hope he still works there. I haven't seen him on my last few visits, but he would be the best person to contact there if he is still there.

www.mpex.com
    MPEX sold those parts to Fred Lustig of Reno, NV years ago. As far as I know Fred is still alive and still repairing cameras. I've seen comments that he's reluctant to sell parts, prefers to do the repairs (which use the parts) himself. Fred doesn't have much of an Internet presence and doesn't publish his e-mail address but he's listed in the Reno telephone directory.

Jerry, look up his phone number and call him. Alternatively, look for a parts camera. Whatever you do, be clearer about which model Speed Graphic you have.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin