Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,691   Online: 952

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    ahh... 40 years ago - things were different.

I'm sure hospitals have x-ray labs that have more archival processes (lots of x-rays today are digital), but some places (like urgent care) need fast, simple processing.
    Yes, I agree, but I believe modern x-rays will still last. The local hospitals here are all digital - film x-rays are now the domain of veterinarians.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mkillmer View Post
    I believe modern x-rays will still last. The local hospitals here are all digital
    They will last BECAUSE they are digital and part of a patent's permanent digital record that can be shared with the various doctors treating a patent.

Ag based x-rays are far too valuable as Ag scrap to sit in filing cabinets for years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mkillmer View Post
    I assumed something like this - do you know about washing process? Is the film base made of a different material to "normal" film? I'm curious how they can be washed so quickly.
    Hmm, I don't know the exact chemical makeup but the xray of my skull I have at home seems to be on regular polyester base.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the begin substituting fxing & washing for stabilisating was popular (2 step processing).
    Then washing was re-introduced (4 step processing). Miraculous fast...

Keep in mind that most uses (like graphic arts) did not need really archival results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin