Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,578   Online: 1147

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Is there a starting point for Fomapan 100 4x5 exposed at E.I. 50 to be developed in Perceptol?
    I think you'd need to drop the speed abit more to 25 or 32 EI with Fomapan 100 in Preceptol and start at 8-10 minutes.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian. I've just checked if there is any data on the Foma Bohemia site - lazy me - and they do list the time for Perceptol but they don't mention at what exposure when it's obvious from the graphs on the second page of the document that only Microphen and Xtol can reach the speed of ISO 100 at gamma 0.6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Miha, you might notice there's a rather large difference in tonality between the example I posted and thise earlier in the thread. Foma films are rather contrasty and they tend to build this up rather quickly so you need to make sure the negatives aren't over-developed.

I did some simple Zone system tests when I began using foma films and later some reciprocity tests, i foindthe films far better than Foma themselves suggest.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the look of Fomapan 100 in P-cat HD and PMK Pyro. I've been shooting it for several years in all formats, 135, 120, and 4x5. This is 35mm in PMK Pyro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0005.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	74235
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Miha, you might notice there's a rather large difference in tonality between the example I posted and thise earlier in the thread. Foma films are rather contrasty and they tend to build this up rather quickly so you need to make sure the negatives aren't over-developed.

I did some simple Zone system tests when I began using foma films and later some reciprocity tests, i foindthe films far better than Foma themselves suggest.

Ian
    Sure Ian, there is an obvious difference, and I certainly prefer less contrasty negatives, which only means more exposure, less development. I've read your coment once re reciprocity where you suggested 1/2 at 1s and 1s at 10 seconds if I remember correctly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you want to reduce the appearance of grain, shoot scenes that have high-contrast lighting, lots of fine detail and no subtle gradations. Anything where you need to boost contrast (whether it's through increased development or high contrast paper) will show more grain.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Foma films are a touch quirky but once you've done some tests to determine your optimum EI and development times they behave as well as other films. I shoot 120 & 5x4 with no issues, excellent tonality as well as good fine grain as I mentioned previously.

This negative has been printed to 24"x24" (actual image area) and still shows fine grain.

Ian

Hi Ian,
    Nice shot of the Sagrada Familia. Did you develop this one in Pyrocat HD?
    Bert
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hi Ian,
    Nice shot of the Sagrada Familia. Did you develop this one in Pyrocat HD?
    Bert
    Yes, I only use Pyrocat HD now as I find it's excellent with all the films I use. There's a touch of detail in the shaows of the tree on the print which is lost in the scan of a small print.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been shooting Fomapan 100 in 4x5 for last few years with D-76 1+1 as a developer. I haven't tried any other developer, but to be honest I wouldn't expect too much. Fomapan is just OK for me - nothing more, nothing less. In 120 format I use FP4+/HP5+ with D-76 1+1 and I love them. If the price would not be the key factor, I would do it also in LF. In Poland, where I live, price of FP4+ per sheet is almost 3x higher that Fomapan...
    Gracjan Ziółek, gracjan.art.pl

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Yeah, it's grainy and you're not really going to change that. I shoot it in 4x5 and develop for about 9:00-9:30 in Xtol 1+1, rotary with 30s prewash.

It also looks good in D76 1+1.
    At what speed do you expose?

Thanks,
    Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin