Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,622   Online: 760

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Thanks Ian. I've just checked if there is any data on the Foma Bohemia site - lazy me - and they do list the time for Perceptol but they don't mention at what exposure when it's obvious from the graphs on the second page of the document that only Microphen and Xtol can reach the speed of ISO 100 at gamma 0.6.
    Well, the Massive Dev Chart suggests 7:30 at EI 50 or 8:00 at EI 100 for Perceptol stock; 10-11 minutes 1+1, EI 100; 14-15 minutes 1+3, EI 100. That should provide some starting points---it seems sort of optimistic to target box speed, but you could vary EI through a roll and see what works with those dev times, for a start.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Well, the Massive Dev Chart suggests 7:30 at EI 50 or 8:00 at EI 100 for Perceptol stock; 10-11 minutes 1+1, EI 100; 14-15 minutes 1+3, EI 100. That should provide some starting points---it seems sort of optimistic to target box speed, but you could vary EI through a roll and see what works with those dev times, for a start.

-NT
    Thanks! It's 4x5 film, already exposed at EI 50. I shall try 10 minutes at 1+1.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    On a side note, try 200. My lord it's a pretty film.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Tell me about it I've developed several rolls of it in 135 and 120 formats. It was really great develped in T-Max, even pushed in my Mamiya, and printed on either ADOX MCC or Variotone.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    You do mean fomapan 200, not fomapan 100 at 200?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, sorry. Fomapan 200. I did some on 4x5 and 120 and it develops beautifully in Pyrocat and the grain is exceptionally beautiful. It's there, but nice and smooth--it really adds a nice touch.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    At what speed do you expose?
    Depends on the light (subject brightness range). 64 works well with 9:00 development in normal to contrasty light, you can shoot at 100 with 9:30 development in flatter light.

Note that those times are for rotary development with prewash. Without the prewash, you probably want to reduce the times by at least a minute. I use prewashing because I develop in (often wet) Expert drums, for which there is the risk of highly unsightly dribbles of uneven development unless you get the whole emulsion swollen before starting development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two other developers that work well with Fomapan 100 are 510 Pyro and Obsidian Aqua. I think the Pyro has a slight edge in tonality, but the Obsidian Aqua has an edge on grain size and sharpness. If you are using Fomapan 100 for the first time be sure you take a look at the reciprocity chart, it is like no other film!

Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin