Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,852   Online: 948

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    New findings, anyone?

I have an old Zeiss Ikon 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" pack film holder, rather sure it is of the 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" format, it measures exactly 3 15/16" wide, is that the correct width for this format's film holders?

The actual Polaroid CB-103 plastic pack film holder is wider than the old Zeiss Ikon film holder I have, it is 4 1/4" wide.

The proposed 304 holder looks to be one that will never slip under the ground glass spring back but be "grafloked" on to the camera.

One measurement that would really be good to have is the actual depth from the camera's back surface to where the film sits, could it be the same depth as a normal 4x5 film holder? this depth is easily sorted out by measuring a 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 double dark sheet film holder, measure from the face to the film plane, that is the depth measurement I need for now, hopefully the Polaroid Cb-103 being 4 1/4" wide it will still clear and be set back far enough to clear the grafloking tabs and mechanism to fit and such that the grafloking tabs can hold the 304 in place securely.

I am thinking of buying a 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 double dark sheet film holder off ebay for research.

Some how this project looks like the 304 holder may have to be made on a "Case by Case" basis if the concept will work at all, locating and using a darkslide could be problematical in that one may not be able to insert the darkslide in and out while the 304 is on the camera.

let me know what you think.

Regards, Steve I AKW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin