Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,554   Online: 899

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Want an Instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" Cameras?

I am kind of doing a survey a "Show Of Hands" so to speak about those who would like an instant film holder like a Polaroid 405 for their Graflex, Linhof and other rangefinder 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" format cameras, even the few models of view cameras in that format.

I am going to post a "WillItFit" tutuorial guide to take away the mysteries of whether or not this new type of holder will work on your particular camera.

I am hoping to produce just one version that will fit a lot of cameras without one needing to cut or modify the holder or the camera but may also produce ones for certain rare cameras as well.

This new type of instant film holder for the Fuji Pack films I am going to call the Polaroid 304 holder.

Research is under way and drawings being made for my machinist to produce a proper interface plate to be fitted to the Polaroid CB-103 holder.

If interested, I need photos of your particular 3x4 format camera's rear opening plate with the ground glass spring back removed.

At this time the new Polaroid 304 film holder does not look like it will be "Graflockable", will need to be slipped under the spring back or other method of holding it in place.

Would like to get $175 each for these backs if indeed I see enough interest in this new product idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would love love to have one of these that could fit a 3x4 RB Graflex- I have been trying to figure that out on my own for a while, but have not gotten very far.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    ...ALSO--VERY VERY interested in fuji INSTAX wide filmpack holder or holder/external roller processor as above.
    very, very interested indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    very, very interested indeed.
    I have made Polaroid 110B and 900 cameras with a Polaroid Spectra back, uses the new Impossible film.

I have been looking into Instax, first project is perhaps an Agfa Isolette 6x6 folder with Instax Mini back on it.

A Polaroid 900 or 110B is possible for Instax wide, I would need to buy and cut up an Instax wide camera and crack the circuit code to make it function, to be honest cameras like these with the exception of the Isolette project start at over a grand.

Both a 110B and a 900 with 150mm F 5.6 Fujinon lenses sold for $2500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1050561.JPG   P1050559.JPG   P1050563.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a crazy idea of seeing whether an old Kodak "The Handle" camera I inherited could by adapted to use Instax film.
    Truzi

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I have made Polaroid 110B and 900 cameras with a Polaroid Spectra back, uses the new Impossible film.

I have been looking into Instax, first project is perhaps an Agfa Isolette 6x6 folder with Instax Mini back on it.

A Polaroid 900 or 110B is possible for Instax wide, I would need to buy and cut up an Instax wide camera and crack the circuit code to make it function, to be honest cameras like these with the exception of the Isolette project start at over a grand.

Both a 110B and a 900 with 150mm F 5.6 Fujinon lenses sold for $2500
    the problem with polaroid/impossible integral film is that the image is inverted whereas the instax image would be normal. I have a polaroid cb70 back for my mamiya universal. there are quite some universal and polaroid 600SE owners out there who would want an instax back. it is a constant subject of discussions on polaroid passion. until now nobody was able to hack the instax circuit. no need for complicated work on camera conversions, a back would do. you could ask the future clients to send in a frame and a functioning instax wide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, if your design would fit a 3x4 Graflex SLR.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    it seems feasable to somehow convert all the unused polaroid sheet film holders to processors for both fuji instax and pack film.

SEEMS feasable.
    any hints? links? would be wonderful to know more about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well....You know.....I am thinking of buying a broken 3 1/4" X 4 1/4" double dark film holder that is broken on ebay for 8 bucks for research.

Somehow at this time I don't see much point in investing 8 bucks for this broken film holder to use for research to produce the "304" film back.

Perhaps you folks on this forum could show a bit more enthusiasm toward a project like this???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just finished one. I used the base plate from a film pack back, drilling out the pins that held the plate to the box that was meant to house the film pack. Adding a 3/16 thick frame of wood to the base, I could then glue on the Polaroid back from some version of the M4 or M3 copy cameras that were being thrown away all over the place a few years ago. Pretty good fit but I had some problems with light leaks. All solved now, I think. I went through a full pack of film testing it, though. So much for wild-ass guessing instead of careful craftsmanship.... Ah well, if you're going to be dumb you gotta be tough. I took the loss and moved on.

Focusing on a ground glass placed in the film holder allowed me to shim up the GG until that was also in focus. Not surprisingly, it needed just over 3/16th of additional distance from the mirror.

Now to go out and actually use the thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin