Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,791   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I did a little research for you.

It seems the early Calumet boards were designed by Kodak. They are the same as the Kodak Master View boards. They are said to be a 4" square board. The actual measurements may be just a little smaller.

I originally said I had an early Cambo recessed board but I guess it was actually an early Calumet board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I did a little research for you.

It seems the early Calumet boards were designed by Kodak. They are the same as the Kodak Master View boards. They are said to be a 4" square board. The actual measurements may be just a little smaller.

I originally said I had an early Cambo recessed board but I guess it was actually an early Calumet board.
    I was just looking up the same thing after the reply I got on LFF; I can't find a picture of the rear of a Master View or CC400-series board so I can't verify that they will work. Both of those are 4" square boards, and I've seen a couple of text-only threads that refer to them using a tongue-and-groove light blocking system...and that seems to fit with the grooves that I have in the Cambo board. If I could see a picture of the rear of one, I'd likely know immediately as to whether or not it would work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah, It's hard to find photos of some of this old stuff. If I still had my board I would measure it for you and post a couple pictures. I couldn't us it so I sold it on Ebay a few years ago.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah this looks like a wista/linhof adapter board.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, It's hard to find photos of some of this old stuff. If I still had my board I would measure it for you and post a couple pictures. I couldn't us it so I sold it on Ebay a few years ago.
    If I find one, I'm going to be sure to post lots of pictures of it.

Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Yeah this looks like a wista/linhof adapter board.
    That hole in the middle really makes it seem that way! The Technika board just doesn't fit it, though...but I wish it did, because I've got a couple of those laying around.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you want a Cambo/Calumet to Linhof reduction board they show up on Ebay from time to time. Or you could have Vinny make you one. Vinny is a good guy if you want to go that route. I know him from Large Format Photography Forum and he is a well respected member.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want a Cambo/Calumet to Linhof reduction board they show up on Ebay from time to time. Or you could have Vinny make you one. Vinny is a good guy if you want to go that route. I know him from Large Format Photography Forum and he is a well respected member.
    I've seen a couple of them on eBay here and there; it's a pricey adapter, but it would be convenient. I guess I have to add up the cost of a few Calumet 4x4 boards against the cost of the Technika adapters.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's not just the cost of the lens boards. The Technika boards are smaller and a lot more convenient. Also you can use them on multiple cameras. My 4x5 Tachihara takes Technika style boards, my 4x5 Sinar P with reduction board takes Technika style boards and I also have a reduction board for my Wehman 8x10. I can swap almost all of my lenses among all three cameras. I do have two lenses in huge Ilex shutters that won't fit on a Technika board.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Graphic View uses a 4 inch square lens board. Its board will fit a Cambo but the Cambo board is a few thousands larger than the Graphic View opening and won't work or is a very tight fit depending on the board in use.
    Graphic View to Pacemaker 4x5 board adapter front view:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boasrd-2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	74382

Rear view:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	board-3 b.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	74383

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not just the cost of the lens boards. The Technika boards are smaller and a lot more convenient. Also you can use them on multiple cameras. My 4x5 Tachihara takes Technika style boards, my 4x5 Sinar P with reduction board takes Technika style boards and I also have a reduction board for my Wehman 8x10. I can swap almost all of my lenses among all three cameras. I do have two lenses in huge Ilex shutters that won't fit on a Technika board.
    Solid points, there. The board size is exactly why I wanted to be able to use the adapter that I have or the boards that I have; the Cambo boards are HUGE and take up WAY too much room!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfinger View Post
    Graphic View uses a 4 inch square lens board. Its board will fit a Cambo but the Cambo board is a few thousands larger than the Graphic View opening and won't work or is a very tight fit depending on the board in use.
    Good to know, and thank you for the pictures! Someone just e-mailed me a picture of the rear of a CC400/Calumet 4x4 board, and it looks like it will fit!

Pictured: It had BETTER fit, that is.

Thanks to everyone for all their help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin