Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,607   Online: 813

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mystery Cambo Board Adapter

I need a bit of help figuring out exactly what kind of lens board this thing accepts; at first sight I thought it was a Technika adapter but the central hole is the wrong size and the spring clips - here removed - are the wrong thickness; a Technika board doesn't seem to fit it at all. I've been looking at pictures online for a couple days and I haven't found anything that seems to match it. The recessed grooves are 3.865" apart (outside edge to outside edge), the central hole is 2.965" in diameter, and the spacers for the retainter clips on either side are .120" thick and were spaced exactly 4.000" apart. I'm sure someone knows exactly what fits it, but that someone isn't me; apologies for the horrid picture...I had to prop the board on a film canister in order to get the weird groove in the surface to show up.

Pictured: With my luck, whatever fits this will be more expensive than Cambo boards.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I once came across an old Cambo recessed lens board which was a lot smaller than the later lens boards like the one you have. Maybe you have an adaptor that fits the old small Cambo lens boards?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've made a few lens board adapters for folks lately. PM me if you're interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sinar lens board adapter.jpg  
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What does the other side of the board look like? Can you take a picture?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    What does the other side of the board look like? Can you take a picture?
    Yes, I can do that; it's identical to the back of an undrilled Cambo SC board, which I've shown adjacent for the sake of comparison. The only differences are the size of the central hole and the four tapped screw holes that hold the adapter hardware on the front.

Pictured: They even have the same part number.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wonder if it's home made, the way the grooves extend beyond one another. Could it be for a Pacemaker Speed/Crown Graphic.
    Or could it be made for a digital back
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    I wonder if it's home made, the way the grooves extend beyond one another. Could it be for a Pacemaker Speed/Crown Graphic.
    Or could it be made for a digital back
    I don't think it's a homemade job; the factory paint is present inside the grooves, and although they do extend beyond the corners as shown in the photo, it's clearly machined that way for a purpose...I just don't know what that purpose is. I don't think that it's a digital back model because this particular piece had been in storage since the early 80's and had never been used; the only sign that it wasn't brand new was a slight bit of aluminum corrosion here and there as a result of moisture intrusion into the storage location. Both this and the undrilled board I showed were in factory-esque plastic bags when I got them, albeit with no identifying labels. It took me a couple of hours to figure out that the other board was undrilled; at first I thought it was for a Copal 0 shutter but it's clearly too small.

As far as the Pacemaker/Graphic board is concerned...I don't know. When it became clear that a Technika board wouldn't fit I thought a 4" square board might fit...but there's no provision for the rabbet in that type of board. What I'm guessing is that the large circular hole accommodates a circular light-trapping lip on the board that fits over it, and the grooves machined in the surface accommodate some other feature on the board...but what that feature might be, I don't know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    See the second post in this thread
    http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6333
    for 4x5 Pacemaker Graphic and Super Graphic measurements.
    The Graphic board will not fit on the Cambo ribs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think a smaller board fits inside those Cambo ribs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I think a smaller board fits inside those Cambo ribs.
    I think you're correct; someone on LFF suggested that a CC400 board might fit it, which - I think - is the same board that's used by a Master View?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin