Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,123   Online: 895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Caltar II-N f5.6 MC

I have just won a bid for one of these and was wondering what others think of it. What is the hole size for Copal 1. I now have a 150mm and 210mm so guess this would be a good kit for 4x5.
    Marvin

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Caltar is a Rodenstock Sironar, top quality lens even at wide apertures. Those two are a great start, maybe a good 90 would round it out, a Grandagon or Super Angulon are very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You didn't outbid me on that fleabay auction including the Sinar F2 did you?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 150 Caltar II-N and it is an excellent lens. The whole Caltar lens line are real sleepers, great value for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm RF
    View Camera magazine did a piece a few years back on the entire Caltar line.

The Caltar II-N lenses were rated very highly.
    Last edited by elekm; 09-17-2013 at 12:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    You didn't outbid me on that fleabay auction including the Sinar F2 did you?
    No this was a lens by its self. Thanks for all the info if I am going to use it on the 45CX may have to look for a lensboard. I have a 45CX and 45G TOYO but I think the lensboard for the 45CX is Copal 0. It would be nice to have an adapter so you could use the small lensboard on the large camera. I think Toyo has one but it is very expensive.
    Marvin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have one. No complaints. Just as good as my Schneider glass. I think it's probably one of the better deals to be had in LF.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Caltar lenses have been made by Kodak, Schneider and Rodenstock, depending on the lens and the vintage (well, at least the 14" f6.3 was a copy of the 14" f6.3 Commercial Ektar, if not made by Kodak). You save yourself hundreds of dollars by buying the Caltar label but get the exact same performance you'd get from the brand name lens. What's not to like?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Actually, I looked my serial. Mine is a Schneider... so oddly my 90, 150, 210 setup is all Symnar-s.

I find that really all the major brands are excellent, the only difference in lens price usually reflects max aperture (for viewing) and image circle.
    K.S. Klain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin