Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,149   Online: 914

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I say leave it alone. It comes with a 22 back, which is 6x6. You already have that with your TLR, so you're not buying much functionality that you don't already have. But most important of all, if you have to borrow to get a 150-dollar camera, you have no business buying it. Borrowing money to buy toys is great way to stay broke all your life. Instead, save up enough to buy what you want with cash. Life is a lot easier that way.
    That's the best answer on here. But you can already tell the poster knows what's what.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I use my Hasselblads for serious work. The 4"x5" cameras are for playing around and experimenting.
    I'm not a Pro so it's pretty much all playing around and experimenting to me. I call it a hobby. My wife and daughter call it an addiction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2go View Post
    That's interesting Dan,
    I read that the RH/8 replaced the 23 Graphlex, and the RH/8 has the added pin rollers to help with the film flatness.
    It looks like those rollers may have reduced the width by 2.5 mm per side.
    Anyway the only "true" 6 x9 in my collection is the Nettar and even it is short, however it does have the 1.5 ratio..
    Nothing Graflex, Inc and predecessors did was easy or simple.

In the case of roll holders, the first 2x3ers were marked "23" Graflex (fit Graflex and Graflok backs) on the back or "23" Graphic (fit Graflok backs). And then "23" Graflex roll holders were made to fit only Graflex backs. Later "23" Graphic roll holders' shells have pin rollers like RH series roll holders and knob wind film carriages (inserts). RH series roll holders' shells have pin rollers and their inserts have lever wind. Inserts interchange freely between shells. I've seen "23" Graphic shells with lever wind inserts, RH shells with knob wind inserts. There's considerable room for confusion.

The Graphic 23 roll holder that Charles reported on is a late one.

Charles, we all love you for the kind and helpful person you are. It would be nice if you checked your posts for sanity, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Use a 4"x5" camera for 4"x5" film. Use 120 camera for 120 film.

The bulk of a 4"x5" camera will limit the use and convenience of a 120 camera.

I use a 4"x5" camera for 4"x5" film and I use a 120 camera for 120 film.
    naaah

i use a graflex d (4x5 ) with a graphic 23 back all the time
    i have an ancient rolleicord but i find it easier to use
    the 4x5 for 120 film and a sweet lens named laverne

YMMV
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I got it, , it comes with an Ektar 105 f3.7, and a Schneider angulon 6.8 65mm . She even mysteriously found the 23" back for me, so I have 2 backs (6x6 6x8(give or take)) now. To top it off, looks like I can use this synchro compur to fix the one in my rolleiflex if i wanted to. I'm happy with it, I can't stop shifting, tilting and staring at the ground glass. Looks like it's going to be fun. Thank you everyone for their input.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The camera operating instructions (but not the Graflok back):
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_5.html
    The Graflok back operating instructions are in this guidebook:
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_4.html
    The roll film holders, knob wind very similar:
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...raflex_13.html
    The shutters if needed:
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...raflex_12.html
    or
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...raflex_11.html

What is wrong with the shutter in the Rolleiflex?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I have a very nice Grafmatic 2x3 holder for it if you are ever so inclined. Straight film holders in it. Very clean.

Nice if you really get into little pieces of film (2 1/4 x 3 1/4)

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin