Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,365   Online: 727

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Rodenstock 150mm f4.5 Ysarex, your opinions on performance?

Anyone using the Rodenstock 150mm f4.5 Ysarex? What are your opinions, in regards to performance, and specifications?

....Vick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ysarex is quite a capable Tessar type lens and gives best overall sharpness at f22. They are quite small lenses compared to the Zeiss Tessars or Schneider Xenars.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never used the 150mm, but I would imagine that Ian is spot on. Rodenstock make lenses every bit as good as Schneider, and a good Tessar style will be very good stopped own somewhat.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Never used the 150mm, but I would imagine that Ian is spot on. Rodenstock make lenses every bit as good as Schneider, and a good Tessar style will be very good stopped own somewhat.
    Tony
    Does that mean Schneider is higher quality or standard quality to be compared to, or Rodenstock has some lenses less quality than Schneider and some are as quality as Schneider? When saying as good as something, to me it means that something is better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Does that mean Schneider is higher quality or standard quality to be compared to, or Rodenstock has some lenses less quality than Schneider and some are as quality as Schneider? When saying as good as something, to me it means that something is better.
    Some say post WWII rodenstock lenses are slightly better than Schneiders, my experience is they both manufacture excellent lenses, I use both.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Some say post WWII rodenstock lenses are slightly better than Schneiders, my experience is they both manufacture excellent lenses, I use both.

Ian
    I don't have many lenses to compare, but i have only 2 NEW LF lenses, one from each, and both are excellent to me, and i will buy from both for sure, just i was curious as if a lens is described to be as good as something else then that something else is known to be so high quality then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't used the 150, but if it performs anything like the 127/4.5 you have a jim dandy lens on your hands. I use the 127 nearly all the time, it's definitly a super sharp lens, my favorite, followed by my 150 Schneider.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I printed 100 000 copies of elementary school children portraits plus wedding pictures every night and everyday orders and people always impressed with that rodenstock lenses. If your film is good , its excellent . If you ruin it , it cant save you. I missed a 1500 dollars lens from my hand to ground from 1.5 meters and its blades was a mess , with one rotation , it came to alive without any problem. I said that was the engineering.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks all. I will have to try out this lens. I was thinking of just selling it.

....Vick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin