Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,317   Posts: 1,536,753   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going for the super trekker 2. by the time I have bought a roll mat and nik naks to make teh padding and compartments and converted the regular (front loading)pack, the price difference will be ablout £100. I will pay the extra and have better shape holding, better padding and all the compartments. I think I will use teh accesssory abnd lens pouches it comes with for water bottles/waterproofs etc. I worked out using the current exchance rate that teh pack should come in at approx £215 after all duties etc (not £240), a whole £125 cheaper than the cheapest UK purchase. Goodness knows how Henry's make it so cheap (or how it is made so expensive in Britain). I paid this price for my UK supplied Photo trekker some years back.

Sean, you follow the same logic as me. That daysack looks perfect for DDS! I may even use some foam padding to make a 'box' for the five of tehm so that they do not move about.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a Super Trekker AW but not the latest version. I am VERY happy with it and often carry a pretty substantial 5x4 set up around! The harness is very comfortable and although the empty pack seems heavy and even heavier when loaded - once on my back and adjusted and it seems much lighter! Build quality is high and padding excellent. The AWII is even better! I had a look at one and if I didn't already own the AW I would certainly get one! Unfortunately here in the UK we are limited when it comes to gear such as this - all the outdoor shops I looked in sell packs that are all top-loading and would require substantial padding/customising. Hope this helps! BTW, you can get the Super Trekker AWII from Cleveland Camera Marts in UK for £299 incl postage (www.cameramarts.co.uk).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The prices for these packs is ridiculous. I can't imagine what they can do to them to justify that kind of money. I'm building a light-weight padded box for my 4X5, which I will simply put into an ordinary non-photo packsack.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes the prices are totally mad...certainly here in the UK. However, I have found that the ability to open the top of my trekker and place my hand on exactly what I want instantly to be invaluable when I am in a rush to get that exposure. When I overnight hike in wales (rare) I have use a regular pack and put smaller packs into it. It works, but is much slower and I found that after a few in and outs my main pack resembled a maggot that had eaten a microwave and a few smaller boxes. Losing smaller items such as filter rings and meters etc is all the more likely if there is nowhere specific to put them time and again. Still, it saves £hundreds!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin