Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,039   Online: 994

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some Super Angulons with the 165/8 as the longest (not to say the heaviest). A very good lens in all respects except for portability which is what I'm looking for with this one. I will take a look at the Dagor. Maybe that could be a solution (and maybe I don't need every single focal length in at least two different lenses and I should just settle for the Fuji).
    The camera I'm using is a Wista 810. A field camera with fixed bellows so no bag bellows.

Thanks for all the help.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The definition of "coverage" has changed a bit over the years. So did the lenses, old ones are less sharp around the center but a bit better in the corners. Newer ones have a larger field of "modern sharp" but fall off a lot faster toward what WAS the edges.

I have a photo somewhere taken with a 210mm Angulon with full rise on a Gandolfi 10x8"; the top is definitely fuzzy but not too bad for a contact print.

Here it is! http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...&imageuser=124
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my 210 Angulon for 8x10. Mine dates from 1953.

Here are some shots with it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/summicron2020/tags/21cm/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had just about given up on using mine. Perhaps I need to rethink that and try to put it into a shutter. I really like my other angulons but it will be expensive but seems to be worth it.
    Thanks for all the input.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're much better off finding a clean one already in a shutter. I did have to have the compound shutter serviced on mine after I purchased it though. So, my total investment between the lens and servicing the shutter is around $450.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would perhaps be cheaper, but I haven't found one yet. I'll keep looking since I don't have the funds for the moment to let S K Grimes work on one of mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    I had just about given up on using mine.
    The above posted image "Mare Island - Long View" is a good example of how objects are rendered in the upper corners with the Angulon 210mm. The sky on the RIGHT is fine, but the bricks in the upper LEFT corner are not sharp. This is very typical of that lens. Of course, depending on your shooting style, you may want that softness in the corners rather than the sharpness of the Fujinon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're tempting me to try the old Fuji 210. I do quite like the 'character' of the 210 Angulon. It compares quite favorably to the 8 1/4 Dagor I was previously using as a gentle wide angle for 8x10. There was a time a I was using a 210 G-Claron as well. But it's been so long I can really remember how the corner sharpness was with that lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fuji is very sharp but I often find myself wanting a little more IC and I've also come to like single coated lenses for some landscapes. I do have a single coated Symmar but movement is restricted.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    How does one recognize or find this 210mm Fuji W? Does it have a special maximum aperture, like the f6.7 250mm lens? Very curious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin