Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,711   Online: 892

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whats wrestling? Wrestling is when two big guys hopped up on steroids scream at each other for 10 minuts, then do some bad acting, and hit each other with chairs until one of them fakes that they are seriously injured and unconscience.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    As a former Iowegian now moved to Australia one can only shrug their shoulders at an Iowa defeat (I think the place has been defeated for 150 years or better). "It's not your fault if you're born in Iowa, but it is your fault if you die there." Besides, it's hard to find good pictures in Iowa.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Isn't Iowa the team Dan Gable coached? I've never wrestled, but if this is the team I'm thinking of, then anybody beating Iowa is a sign of things changing. However, I was always too busy playing basketball to know much about wrestling...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    besides, everything the U of I knows of wrestling it learned from Iowa State (Moo U)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Any time Northwestern beats another Big 10 school at anything competitive (other than perhaps the debating team, or chess) I'd have to say that it probably is the end of civilization as we know it.
    That's not the civilization I know, so it might be better off ended
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If civilization in Iowa were ended the IQ rating of the rest of the world would doubtless increase

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You obviously didn't belong here David & it sounds like we're better off without you. Our IQ is low enough as it is, right?

It's not hard at all to find good photos here, you just have to open your eyes.

You're right Troy, Dan Gable did coach the Hawkeyes, as well as an olympic wrestling team or two. They haven't been the same since he left. I'm not really a wrestling fan, but can't get enough of Hawkeye football.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Wrestling? That's weighing up the pros and cons of digital and analogue photography when you've got $5000 in your pocket.
    Not for me. I couldn't begin to get digital that I'd be happy with for five large -- but I could set myself up with a nice 8x10 and at least 2-3 lenses, plus the darkroom setup I'd need (at least for contact prints) and still have money left over to buy film and paper...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Images

Turkish Oil Wrestling

Here is some real wrestling. Turkish Oil Wrestling. None of that Wimpy college stuff. What the article does not say is these guy put their hands down each other's pants for a better hold :o But I would not laugh at them for it.

http://www.kirkpinar.50megs.com/nyt2001.htm
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    Not for me. I couldn't begin to get digital that I'd be happy with for five large -- but I could set myself up with a nice 8x10 and at least 2-3 lenses, plus the darkroom setup I'd need (at least for contact prints) and still have money left over to buy film and paper...
    Yes, well, me too. But I think I'd only end up with two lenses for my 5x4 and enough change for a box or two of film.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin