Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,958   Online: 883

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Its worse than it appears---my 4x5 Anny Speed Graphic DID stop working!

BTW, I took a look at the turkish oil wrestling site---its no wonder(as a Hungarian colleague once told me) the Euros fought off the Ottoman invasion down to the last Hungarian!

When I was in college I once had a date with an oil wrestler. She looked nothing like the ones in Turkey. Nice skin from all that baby oil! Unfortunately her boyfriend was a Marine! In fact, thats how I got my war related injury---her boyfriend came home from the war unexpectedly on leave! (drum roll! cymbal!)

Thank you, Thank you! You've been a wonderful audience!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Wrestling? That's weighing up the pros and cons of digital and analogue photography when you've got $5000 in your pocket.
    It is not! If you were a TRUE analogian, that $5000 would buy you a nice 8x10, sturdy tripod, lens, and film holders.

The only wrestling you would do would be getting all that fancy new equipment into your little Cooper (well, that would be my struggle)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wrestling? That's weighing up the pros and cons of digital and analogue photography when you've got $5000 in your pocket.
    If I had an extra $5K, I could/would fly to Alice Springs, hire a 4x4 and spend a month photographing the Northern Territory.

I've got a couple of nice LF images of the Todd River I will have to post sometime....
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Robert, fly to Kalgoorlie and we could just go touring to and in the NT in my 4x4. $5000 buys a lot of beer and jelly wrestlers!
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Robert, fly to Kalgoorlie and we could just go touring to and in the NT in my 4x4. $5000 buys a lot of beer and jelly wrestlers!
    That sounds like a great idea to me. Especially the beer part.

Have you ever driven the back way from Alice Springs to Watarrka National Park? It is mostly a 4x4 road through aborigine land; you need a permit that you can get in Alice Springs. I've been on the public portion, up to the Finke River/Ormiston Gorge area. It's quite a beautiful place.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Whats wrestling? Wrestling is when two big guys hopped up on steroids scream at each other for 10 minuts, then do some bad acting, and hit each other with chairs until one of them fakes that they are seriously injured and unconscience."

Not even close. You are describing the TV Slobs, and that is not wrestling. Collegiate & Olympic wrestling is much different. A sport that takes skill & endurance. Iowa losing to Northwestern is a disgrace... 37 years straight & now a loss???!!!
    Yes, Dan Gable was the coach at Iowa, following a HS & Collegiate career with only 1 loss... the last match of his college career. This spurred him to work even harder & he went into the next Olympics with the Soviet Union doing a 2 year search to find anyone who could compete with him. He went through the Olympics to Gold with no opponent scoring a point on him.

Then he retired from comptetition & went to Iowa & coached them to 15 NCAA titles in 21 years. He coached 3 winning Olympic teams & many world teams. He could regularly beat the wrestlers on his team. He is/was a phenomenon and an excellent coach and a great motivational speaker.

Iowa losing like this is a sign of the end times.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    That sounds like a great idea to me. Especially the beer part.

Have you ever driven the back way from Alice Springs to Watarrka National Park? It is mostly a 4x4 road through aborigine land; you need a permit that you can get in Alice Springs. I've been on the public portion, up to the Finke River/Ormiston Gorge area. It's quite a beautiful place.
    No, sadly, I've done very little in the NT. I've travelled from Laverton in WA to Uluru and onto the Simpson Desert.

Maybe next year (sooner if you can get the $5000! )
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jeez Matt. lighten up, don't you recognize tongue in cheek when you hear it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Jeez Matt. lighten up, don't you recognize tongue in cheek when you hear it?
    In the states, wouldn't they say something like "Oh, don't worry about him: he's from ...."
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Shooter
    35mm

So what

A lot of people wrestle with their cameras. Sometimes the camera wins...sometimes the photographer wins. If you are ready to wrestle professionally may I suggest making your own 20x240 glass plates?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin