Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,164   Online: 787

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    don't you recognize tongue in cheek when you hear it?
    I know it when I hear it, but it's harder to detect when written. That's what the smilies are for, to help us dumb Iowans out.

Sorry for jumping your ass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazing how a thread can morph. WarEaglemtn is correct about Dan Gable/Iowa. Gable lost only one match, and against someone he had beaten before. It'll probably haunt him to the end of his days.
    I was a wrestler in HS, and had the privelage of attending a summer camp at Iowa under his instruction, (many years ago). The first thing he did was challenge anyone there to take him down-if they did-they would get the camp for free. He was about 170 lbs then, and a huge heavyweight kid gave it a go and of course, Dan just "played" with him. No one came close.
    I didn't know he had retired and bet he's thinking of coming back after this.
    A dynasty that has not been equalled, nor ever will.
    Perhaps it is a sign.
    I was an Illinoian, and I actually miss the landscape of that area. And the great thunderstorms. You don't need mountains for interesting landscape.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Is Catch different than Wrestling? I remember the japanese Catch star named Hinoki, was him known in the States also?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    I was an Illinoian, and I actually miss the landscape of that area. And the great thunderstorms. You don't need mountains for interesting landscape.
    Where in IL is this? You miss the landscape? Jeez, sometimes I have trouble finding anything that I want to take pictures of.
    Diane

Halak 41

Images
    Amen!

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEaglemtn
    Northwestern beat the Iowa Hawkeyes
    Where. Iowa, sounds Korean to me, is it in the civilised world

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin