Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,961   Online: 873

Shooter
    35mm

150 4.5 Schneider Xenar query

I have just acquired this as part of a MPP Mk VII package, the camera, the 150 lens and a 90mm f6.8 Angulon both on MPP boards. It was bought from someone unfamiliar with photography and had I looked closely at the ebay pictures I should have noticed this. The cable block is fixed to the board rather than the shutter and there is a hole in the shutter where I assume a block once sat. The block is loose and just revolves round and round when pushed. What I am wondering is whether this is a normal and acceptable system or whether I should be returning it. The Angulon has a block fixed to the shutter and seems normal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3832.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	425.0 KB 
ID:	75833

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not all Compur shutters have a cable release socket, however it's missing on this shutter and someone has done that to get around it.

I've actually got to make something like that piece attached to your lens board to use a couple of lenses/shutters with no socket..

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 10-20-2013 at 02:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When you remove the lens board from the camera you will most likely find a nut on the back side of the board. Position the cable release socket, hold the nut, tighten the screw, then hold the screw stationary and tighten the nut.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the responses. I will have a fiddle and see if it works. Probably too wedded to the world of pristine 35mm equipment but I probably would have passed this over had I noticed it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin