Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,501   Online: 855

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Arduino controlled solenoid shutter

"Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Link is a dead-end for me at Flickr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Silver salt, the link worked for me. On the whole, an electric Ilex/Melles Griot may be a better bet for LF. The problem with them is getting a controller. One solution is here: http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/shutter/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooh sorry about that. The user is kkado on Flickr.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Silver salt, the link worked for me. On the whole, an electric Ilex/Melles Griot may be a better bet for LF. The problem with them is getting a controller. One solution is here: http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/shutter/index.html
    Have you tried this yourself Dan ?

I have 3 electronic shutters and need to make controllers this winter.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Have you tried this yourself Dan ?

I have 3 electronic shutters and need to make controllers this winter.

Ian
    Sorry, Ian, I haven't.

I have just two Ilex electronic shutters.

A #3 that was part of an oscilloscope camera with an integrated controller. I've never got around to cutting metal, reassembling the controller in a box, adding an inverter plus battery box for field use. Haven't measured the DC voltage the AC power supply puts out, multimeter died and hasn't been replaced yet. Don't really need it, there's an oscillo-Paragon in it (good for little) and I don't have any other cells that will fit the shutter. I've tried the thing out, it functions but runs at least one stop slow at all speeds (4, 2, 1, 1/2, ... , 1/125). I bought it because of the indicated 1/125 top speed, which is unbelievably fast for an Ilex electronic.

And a sort of #00 Ilex electronic (badged OptoDynetics, threaded like a Compur #00 but with shorter tube than the 00 standard) that I've never hooked up to the controller. I have no idea whether the 'scope camera's controller's voltages are right for the little 'un.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Dan, my electronic skills are rather rusty I've not really done much in the last 40 years I used a real genius when I needed controllers etc for machinery but have lost touch.

There's plenty of quite nice electronic shutters which sell for very little and a lack of cheap off the shelf controllers although I can get half a second and longer controllers of the shelf for under £10/$16 just need to control the voltage.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin