Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,455   Posts: 1,570,568   Online: 831

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem ever for me with wooden shenhao 5x7 or metal linhof 4x5.

But, then again, what do you look like!? I am on the dark side and could be mistaken as "middle eastern" and always seem to get the bomb frisking treatment. My pale, re-headed wife is never bothered! My observation is Asian tourists seem to get their bags searched more thoroughly because of the temptation to bring in favourite food items and disregarding the warnings. You may be better off to declare a "finished wooden camera" on your customs form to avoid any doubt or suspicion. Singapore is lower on the list of likely countries from which drugs could be imported.

Hope you have a great trip.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh that I'm pretty sure I have to declare. I lived there for 3 years and know exactly how the perceptions work haha. I guess ill give it a shot! Thanks a lot sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I brought a wooden model motorcycle back to Oz from S Korea with no problem. The "something to declare" line is often shorter too. They can be touchy about foodstuffs though. I also had my Shen Hao from a a US supplier well inspected (and taxed) when it came through Australia Post customs branch, but it presented no quarantine problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin