Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,090   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I'm with Ralph. All these other methods are too time consuming. I use a square chip placed in the scene and its image measured on the ground glass. Quick, simple and easy to make and carry around.
    Can you show a picture?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See the very bottom of the page. Click link. What Ralph and some of us use is a variant of this in which the target is square instead of round. At one time Calumet sold such a tool but there are several available on the internet.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Large Format

Another device to me sure bellows compensation

Please see the attached for another tool to workout bellows extension
    this one was for 35mm but the idea will work with any format

robin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-24 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Can you show a picture?
    p.s. I normally charge between $150 and $200 per hour to do research.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    p.s. I normally charge between $150 and $200 per hour to do research.
    I was talking to Jim about his GG cutout thing... LOL

But thanks, all those pages are too complicated for me, I looked at it and was like, "yea no.." Lol

I already use the reciprocity timer app for all my work, but just in case I'm ever in a situation where my phone doesn't work (like a week in the canyon) I would like to have some kind of card to help out

In fact, I don't even know if I'm measuring right, I assume it's from the film plane, to the center of the lens (lens board area) but it could be from the rear element? I don't even know haha, I'm not very precise with it, but it hasn't seemed to affect me too much.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    But thanks, all those pages are too complicated for me, I looked at it and was like, "yea no.." Lol
    Maybe you need to stop typing and read the material. It's really very basic and well explained. Yes, the measurement is between the film and lens planes, but as you say being really precise or accurate isn't really necessary. Jim's "cut-out thing" is in more than one of those links. They may be round instead of square, but same thing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Maybe you need to stop typing and read the material. It's really very basic and well explained. Yes, the measurement is between the film and lens planes, but as you say being really precise or accurate isn't really necessary. Jim's "cut-out thing" is in more than one of those links. They may be round instead of square, but same thing.
    I was assuming it was some kind of PDF you could print and cut out that's what I was looking for so I saw the pages with math on it I just didn't bother :-0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin