Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,815   Online: 870

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    …and then, of course, there's my giraffe.

Love it! I have a purple teddy bear on my smaller format bag.

I don't have much others haven't mentioned and I'll be adding some things from your lists. ROL, that grey card idea is great for my Chamonix, too.
    One thing I have that most of you probably don't need is hair elastics. They mostly get used to hold my hair, but have pulled double duty on occasion. I also have a Buff from REI that can keep bugs off my neck and hold my hair down when it starts falling out of the braid or ponytail.
    I'm still looking at bag ideas, too. I'm currently using a DeviantArt backpack - it's ok, but basically a large cavernous space with one smaller slot where I put the lenses.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Buffs are fantastic! My wife and I buy them whenever they're on sale at REI, and what do you know, I actually do carry one in my camera pack, as well as having them squirreled away in various other transport items. I've been using them for over ten years at Burning Man as fashionable dust masks.

FWIW, I found the giraffe (he found me?) on a trail one late fall day some years ago, presumably dropped from a child backpack. Being among the last persons to use the trail before being closed for the winter that very day, I picked it up and attached it to my pack, hoping to come across its owner in the parking lot. I was the last vehicle to leave that day. He's somehow never left my pack since, often reminding me not to take photography too seriously.
    Last edited by ROL; 11-16-2013 at 12:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The relevant OS maps for wherever I'm going-1:25,000 is best, plus local bus and train timetables [also some beer money].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Linhof Technorama 617S, Gossen Variosix F, Tri-X, yellow filter, cable release, chronometer (long exposures), lens cleaner (old fresh handkerchief), felt pen to write on the rolls, little water level (horizon!) and some bits of aluminum foil to wrap the exposed rolls if needed, that's all!
    Next, a tripod…

PS: I consider the 6 x 17 cm as LF, what?
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Large Format
    My main 4x5 bag is a LowePro MiniTrekker classic.
    Contents have been relatively constant over the past few years...
    • Ebony RW45
    • 90mm Grandagon-N or 300mm Nikkor-M
    • 150mm Sironar-N
    • 210mm Ysarex or 210mm Geronar
    • Gossen Luna Pro SBC light meter
    • Harrison darkcloth
    • black tee shirt
    • a pair of 3x reading glasses for viewing the GG
    • Ebony clampy thingy that lets me use a dark slide as a lens shade
    • 1/2in camel hair paint brush
    • red, orange, yellow, green and polarizer filters
    • collapsible rubber lens hood
    • spare battery for the light meter
    • spare lens caps
    • a plasticy tape measure marked in inches and millimeters (from the fabric store)
    • a few cable releases
    • a notebook (mead composition book) and a handfull of pens and mechanical pencils.
    • a black 'sharpie' magic marker
    • some rubber bands and about twenty feet of heavy nylon string.
    • the boy scout ten essentials (in a 1 gallon zip lock bag that moves from pack to pack as needed)
    Last edited by BradS; 11-17-2013 at 01:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have almost always a small pocket digital camera with me, first as tool in fast changing light, second as a viewfinder which tells me which lens will fit and also as a spare light meter. This day's its the Sony RX100 very small 20 MP camera.

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film and cameras. Each bag has different format cameras and the appropriate film, lenses and filters.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    This is quite eye opening. My (very different/strange) workflow is such that I never have to carry much at one time so it never really occurred to me how much "stuff" most of us actually have. I don't know how I would manage to keep it all organized in a portable way.
    I agree.

My LF camera is packed in with my 35 mm kit in a Domke F2. 10 loaded holders in a small separate bag. Calumet changing room/dark tent in it's bag with my extra film stays in the car.

Camera gets setup with lens then snapped on the tripod and put on my shoulder, light meter goes in a pocket, grab the bag full of holders and I'm off.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F-Stop Tilopa Containing a Chamonix 45 F1, 75mm/5,6; 150mm/5,6; 270MM/5,6 (and occasionally 65mm/8)
    10 DD; Minolta spotmeter; caple releases; lenscloths; compas; flashlight; pocket knive; Lee filters (Big Stopper)
    Best regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0612.jpg   DSC_0617 c.jpg  
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Large F64 backpack. Hmm... what's in here... unzip

Oh, good grief: more granola bars. I think I rotated the old ones out last year... Anyone want a granola bar?

Triple extension Zone VI 4x5 camera, wrapped in a homemade oversized focusing cloth, old Sekonic light meter (ambient, 5 deg spot,) lenses (all on 4x4 boards with shutter release cables and wrapped in home-made padded lens wraps: Fuji 90mm f/8, Fuji 125mm f/5.6, Fuji 210mm f/5.6, Nikon 300mm f/8, six film holders, 3 with TMX and 3 with TMY, and focusing loupe. That's the main compartment. In the F/64's other compartments reside a viewing card I made from mattboard, a set of Lee sheet filters and filter holder, cleaning cloth, bulb brush, Leatherman pocket tool, small roll of duct tape (if that won't fix it, it isn't broken!), spare cable release, pen, pencil, small notepad, "torpedo" level, cheap rain poncho, penlight flashlight, spare AA battery for the light meter & flashlight. I carry a tripod separately. It weighs too much and I'm trying to decide which two lenses I can do without.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin