Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,675   Online: 1168

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Granola bar? I'd love a bit of Verichrome....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to keep it minimal -

Lowepro Super Trekker
    Sinar F
    6" monorail extension
    Mamiya RB 67
    Mamiya RB Macro extension tubes
    Rodenstock Geronar 150mm
    6 film holders
    2 cable releases
    BTZS dark cloth
    Gossen Digi Pro F meter

This is a heavy set up that I haven't carried yet, it kindly sits on a shelf :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whoa. I have a 4x5 kit and an RB67 kit. Wouldn't dream of carrying them together! I hope it's a solid shelf :P

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shawn,

As you know I have been shooting 7x17 in the Flats of Cleveland, Ohio, a run down industrialized area on either side of the Cuyahoga River. I prefer to go early on Saturday or Sunday when there are few working people there. The druggies and the bad guys are mostly asleep. I had been shooting with Peter and his 8x10. We agreed not to both be under dark cloths at the same time. After a year or more Peter has found other subjects to shoot. Alone feels very insecure. Mentioning this to my professor, she replied, “Yes, when I was in graduate school in Boston, one classmate was under the dark cloth focusing his 4x5 when he was hit on the head with a thrown brick. After several days in hospital he came home and eventually back to class. He was never quite the same after that.”

Gabby, my four year old, yellow, lady Labrador has become my new partner. She replaced eight year old Cindy who thought the set up time was a great opportunity for a nap. Gabby is tied to the back of the SUV on a ¾” nine foot horse lead. I set up the camera 12 feet from the car so she does not tip the gear over or get under my feet. On our first outing, the only person we saw was a man who crossed the street to avoid us, walked half a block by us, then crossed back. I first knew he was there when Gabby started growling. She followed him with her eyes and muzzle, continuing to growl, while sitting next to me, as he walked the half block by us. Since my Toyota Highlander is my camera bag, Gabby is my new tool in the bag.

If I go some distance from the car, the 7x17 and gear travel in a baby jogger. Gabby walks beside me. The pair of Labs on a split lead have pulled me up many a hill. Braking can be an issue.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Labs don't have brakes. Good Gabby.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent anecdote, John. =) I've always enjoyed your yellow escalator.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This is what I have in my 4x5 bag, I usually just take out what I need and travel light.

Speed Graphic with 127mm Ektar
    Kodak Aero-Ektar
    Graflex 15" Optar
    Heiland flash with 7" Reflector
    10 #11 bulbs
    10 #40 bulbs
    2 #3 bulbs
    5 Grafmatics
    2 loaded with Foma 200
    2 loaded with Provia
    1 loaded with Portra 400
    10 4x5 sheet holders loaded with whatever I feel like that day

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Shawn,

As you know I have been shooting 7x17 in the Flats of Cleveland, Ohio, a run down industrialized area on either side of the Cuyahoga River. I prefer to go early on Saturday or Sunday when there are few working people there. The druggies and the bad guys are mostly asleep. I had been shooting with Peter and his 8x10. We agreed not to both be under dark cloths at the same time. After a year or more Peter has found other subjects to shoot. Alone feels very insecure. Mentioning this to my professor, she replied, “Yes, when I was in graduate school in Boston, one classmate was under the dark cloth focusing his 4x5 when he was hit on the head with a thrown brick. After several days in hospital he came home and eventually back to class. He was never quite the same after that.”

Gabby, my four year old, yellow, lady Labrador has become my new partner. She replaced eight year old Cindy who thought the set up time was a great opportunity for a nap. Gabby is tied to the back of the SUV on a ¾” nine foot horse lead. I set up the camera 12 feet from the car so she does not tip the gear over or get under my feet. On our first outing, the only person we saw was a man who crossed the street to avoid us, walked half a block by us, then crossed back. I first knew he was there when Gabby started growling. She followed him with her eyes and muzzle, continuing to growl, while sitting next to me, as he walked the half block by us. Since my Toyota Highlander is my camera bag, Gabby is my new tool in the bag.

If I go some distance from the car, the 7x17 and gear travel in a baby jogger. Gabby walks beside me. The pair of Labs on a split lead have pulled me up many a hill. Braking can be an issue.

John Powers
    One of reasons why I ALWAYS carry a .45 1911 with me, even where it's illegal. I'd rather be arrested then dead.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    One of reasons why I ALWAYS carry a .45 1911 with me, even where it's illegal. I'd rather be arrested then dead.
    Ohio has a conceal carry law/permit that I am thinking about. My first job out of college was as a pro for Remington Arms. I am really more comfortable with a 12ga. At age 73, that was a long time ago. It is a big step, beyond what I consider the joy of photography. On the other hand, I do carry Bear Mace with me now.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No one mentioned tea bags. Two. Usually Twinings Earl Grey, often pilfered from a hotel or a (British) airline lounge. And an Allen key for tightening the head to the tripod.

Right now considering a backpack upgrade.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin