Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,451   Online: 685

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have to share this answer.....

I was over on Tuan's site reading a thread from an up and coming new LF'er. Chris Jordan piped up and shared a bunch of his mistakes while doing Lf. A good answer in itself but the incident about dropping some exposed negatives into the toliet by accident received this response from Jim Roades.

"Wow, I can't say that I've ever used a toilet for a pre-soak. Ya learn something new here everyday. "

Great comeback Jim !!!

But it even got better with Mark Sawyer's reply.

"Actually, Jim, it's a great way to do rotary processing. Just a flip of the lever to change chemistry, nice swirling agitation, you can do an archival wash in the same container, and clean-up is so simple. And if the temperature gets too low, it's pretty easy to warm up..."

I just laughed so hard at this one...I wanted to make sure you all did not miss the fun.

Kind Regards,
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good one Jim! Thanks for sharing.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Bill Pierce at the Digital Journalist once wrote about the olden days when photojournalists processed film on the road. Something to the effect of "3 flushes for normal work, 10 flushes for archival."

Images
    You might think it is weird but a guy on another forum has a bathroom/darkroom that is only used as a darkroom so after a super thurough cleaning he is washing his rolls of film in the toilet. Still on the reeles of course.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    You might think it is weird but a guy on another forum has a bathroom/darkroom that is only used as a darkroom so after a super thurough cleaning he is washing his rolls of film in the toilet. Still on the reeles of course.
    That's one idea that didn't go down the drain.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hmmmm, I never thought of Tidy Bowl as a final wash...

Images
    Suppose you'ld have to take the big white mint out, wouldn't you?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    easy cyanotypes with those bowl cleaners they have now.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    Bill Pierce at the Digital Journalist once wrote about the olden days when photojournalists processed film on the road. Something to the effect of "3 flushes for normal work, 10 flushes for archival."
    Today it must be the small flushes for normal work and the large ones for archival.
    Søren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd hate to think what a ULF toilet would look like...

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin