Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,879   Online: 948

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sinar case Tenba or F64?

Hello,

I am looking for a case for my Sinar F1. I would like to transport it fully assembled, head down, with the 6' extension on (so that is 18' lenght plus the caps).
    Based on internal dimensions, it looks like the following cases would do the job:

Sinar Norma Expert case
    Tenba CCV45
    F64 Monorail case

I just need the case to both store the camera but mainly to take it in the car until needed to shoot.

The Tenba is a little bit more expensive than the F64 but comes with a lens case for which no information is available. Does anybody knows if this lens case accommodates Sinar lens boards?
    Does anybody has experience between these cases?

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd be interested in that information as well. I'm currently using a large hard case for my Sinar F2, but that requires too much disassembly/assembly of the case for use on the road. Great for storage or air travel, not so great for a road trip. So I'm considering an F.64 Monorail case as well, interested to hear any feedback. (Not much to be found from the usual searches.)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have the F64 monorail case for my Sinar 4x5 F2. It is a gem. Strong and protective enough and quite light in weight.

If I have an issue at all with it, the 'feet' are connected only to the nylon fabric that covers the case and so they break off quite easily.

The case can hold quite a lot of kit, although I vary the contents depending on the envisaged task at hand.

I am not getting any younger and so I opt more for taking the Linhof MT into the field in a Billingham shoulder bag.

The Sinar's precision and range of accurate movements make it the far better choice to shoot with and so the F64 does get an outing from time to time.

WalterEG

- "Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition."
    ....... Galassi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have the tenba, and have used it for about 10 years.
    can 't complain at all, it works as intended.
    i use it with a head down toyo 45cx
    and am able to fill it completely with everything i might need
    except for a ladder or stool or tripod ...
    there is enough room after the lens container is in there,
    for a bag bellows, dark cloth, light meter and double stacked film holders
    ( maybe 20+ of them ) ...
    it weighs a ton after everything is in there ..

i also also works with a 5x7 camera folded up tailboard kind of sort of ..
    in the middle - slot ... same lens kit, same everything else, but a few less film holders
    since 5x7 ones are 2x the height as 4x5 ones ...
    and it also weighs a ton ..
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is what I use...a Dynalite case (Dynalite sells studio lighting systems)

Outfitted with custom cut closed cell foam to fit my Horseman LX monorail. Interior dimensions of case fit the 480mm long (expandable) rail. Here is a look at the monorail nested in the closed cell foam, with standards turned parallel to the main rail.

One of the section dividers (normally held on a hinged Velcro attachment) has been removed to show the standard and lens board and the removed bellows. This lens board was custom modified to take a Canon dSLR body; the other lens board, not shown, was custom modified to take a Bronica ETRSi medium format film lens. I have a separate case for my large format lenses and back and binocular magnifier/viewer and other accessories as well as film holders.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since my earlier query in this thread I ended up buying a F64 Monorail case. I'm quite happy with it, much easier to use on a day trip compared to my other hard cases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i have the tenba, and have used it for about 10 years.
    can 't complain at all, it works as intended.
    i use it with a head down toyo 45cx
    and am able to fill it completely with everything i might need
    except for a ladder or stool or tripod ...
    there is enough room after the lens container is in there,
    for a bag bellows, dark cloth, light meter and double stacked film holders
    ( maybe 20+ of them ) ...
    it weighs a ton after everything is in there ..

i also also works with a 5x7 camera folded up tailboard kind of sort of ..
    in the middle - slot ... same lens kit, same everything else, but a few less film holders
    since 5x7 ones are 2x the height as 4x5 ones ...
    and it also weighs a ton ..
    Hello,

Could you please tell me if the lens case that come with the Tenba V45 is for Technika size lens boards or Sinar size lens boards?

Cheers,

Luc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cluttered View Post
    Since my earlier query in this thread I ended up buying a F64 Monorail case. I'm quite happy with it, much easier to use on a day trip compared to my other hard cases.
    Do you miss not having a shoulder strap like the Tenba seem to have?

Cheers,

Luc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lbenac View Post
    Hello,

Could you please tell me if the lens case that come with the Tenba V45 is for Technika size lens boards or Sinar size lens boards?

Cheers,

Luc
    hi luc

yes the lens case came with the car case ( just call to make sure ! )
    while i have a toyo ( 110x110 boards ), everything i shoot is on speed graphic boards.
    the lens case is big enough to fit 5-6 lenswrapped lenses in there ...
    not sure how big linhof or sinar boards are, but i opted for the adapter board for both the 5x7+toyo and
    tiny speed graphic boards that cost nothing in comparison to toyo boards, and even though
    the adapter cost $$$ i don't have to deal with changing boards every time i change cameras ...
    (and it makes it a piece of cake when i bring a second camera to a job ).

from what i remember when i bought the case it was supposed to have the lens case, they forgot to include it
    and sent it separately. i didn't get it from a camera shop but some sort of travel luggage shop in NYC.

regarding the shoulder strap ...
    i have one, but never used it ... seems like a strange thing to have on a camera case that is as big and bulky as it is ..
    unless you are like 7 feet tall ..
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info.
    Sinar boards are 140x140 mm or 5.5x5.5 inches.
    Good to know about the shoulder strap. I am only 6 feet so that would not work :-)

Cheers,

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi luc

yes the lens case came with the car case ( just call to make sure ! )
    while i have a toyo ( 110x110 boards ), everything i shoot is on speed graphic boards.
    the lens case is big enough to fit 5-6 lenswrapped lenses in there ...
    not sure how big linhof or sinar boards are, but i opted for the adapter board for both the 5x7+toyo and
    tiny speed graphic boards that cost nothing in comparison to toyo boards, and even though
    the adapter cost $$$ i don't have to deal with changing boards every time i change cameras ...
    (and it makes it a piece of cake when i bring a second camera to a job ).

from what i remember when i bought the case it was supposed to have the lens case, they forgot to include it
    and sent it separately. i didn't get it from a camera shop but some sort of travel luggage shop in NYC.

regarding the shoulder strap ...
    i have one, but never used it ... seems like a strange thing to have on a camera case that is as big and bulky as it is ..
    unless you are like 7 feet tall ..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin