Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,108   Posts: 1,612,803   Online: 1215

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 4x5 devoloping

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    You are not suggesting that stand developing is the only way to process BW films...?

However question this has already been discussed multiple times, in various threads you yourself were posting in...
    Of course not, but I would hate to be deprived of the method.

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My personal preference is hand agitation using a Jobo 2521 tank with 2509n reels. It does use quite a lot of chemistry this way (around 1300cc) but a) I am used to processing this way and b) the cost of chemistry is small compared to the time and effort I put in taking the shot. I also have an expert drum that I use on a Simmard motorised base but unfortunately it has a crack in one of the chambers and liquid has leaked into the space between the inner and outer jackets. It still works though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Of course not, but I would hate to be deprived of the method.

RR
    If someone is looking to do exclusively stand dev, trays or hangers are probably the best way to start out with. If one only occasionally does this (for some reason), then a 3$ tray would be a nice addition to any processing tank, if the cost of highly diluted chemistry in 1.25L is more then that...

Stand dev is not an absolute measure of things (though perhaps it should be
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    My personal preference is hand agitation using a Jobo 2521 tank with 2509n reels. It does use quite a lot of chemistry this way (around 1300cc) but a) I am used to processing this way and b) the cost of chemistry is small compared to the time and effort I put in taking the shot. I also have an expert drum that I use on a Simmard motorised base but unfortunately it has a crack in one of the chambers and liquid has leaked into the space between the inner and outer jackets. It still works though.
    Expert drum crack fixing tip:

Pry off the bottom cover (its held on by small pathces of glue in 5-6 points).
    Buy some automotive gasket maker (or your favorite iso plast material, though it would be much harder to work with)
    Locate the crack, and use a healthy application of the goo in the area. I does not have to be neat as this is always covered.
    If you applied too much pressure and some of the goo squeezed inside the tube, dont worry, you can easily remove it after its cured.
    Let cure - and enjoy.

Using permatex ultra black is almost like using rubber cement that is super easy to deal with when it gets on fingers or places it was not intended, as it will rub off easily, and in small amounts you can pinch it off easily even after it cures.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Expert drum crack fixing tip.....

Mine's not cracked bu this is very good info to have around...THANKS!

The expert drums are the cat's ass. I think I would quit large format if I didn't have one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin